Emotiva Basx A300 Power Amplifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Crown has been in the professional power amp space for almost 20+ years.....still used by many DJs and Sound guys i know.......look at the connectivity options etc and take a call...
Thanks for the reply. I want to use the amp to drive fronts rtia7 from the Denon receiver. What is the benefit emotiva would provide?

Thanks for the reply. I want to use the amp to drive fronts rtia7 from the Denon receiver. What is the benefit emotiva would provide?
A big tordial transformer, four times the weight of Crown xls 1502, 50% efficiency and conservative looks that fits a the home theater looks. Crown sells for 28k INR on amazon, so the Emotiva is also a bit more expensive. The sad part is there is a 'stigma' as far as pro amps go and rightly so as they tend to be less refined and noisy. The xls 1502 and above models are an exception though. After extensive research for over a year and reading countless hifi forum opinions from die-hard class A/B users and high end class D user's ,I finally took the plunge and to my astonishment the amps refined sound was shocking.What will also matter is the rest of the chain before the amplifier that is the Preamp and the DAC. The only true way to find out what they sound like is to use the same set of speakers in the same room setup and compare A/B which can be impractical if you dont own both or have someone come and do a comparison.
Personally I think you cannot go wrong as both amps have enough guts to control most speakers in a masterful way.

Would be kind if you could start another thread instead of going off topic here. Uday @tuff has been so kind to give you such a fantastic overview of the xls1502.

Thanks tuff . I first thought of going with crown.. then few posts like this thread here made me rethink n I was about to book EMO. Hence I posted here so that ppl having experience in both can chime in

A slightly off topic. I ordered the same amp from Mumbai to "save some bucks" rather than going with the Bangalore dealer. And the product was delivered to me like this today - please see the attached pictures. The product was sent through a courier service that brought the product in a moped (2-wheeler) and casually DROPPED the product on the tar road. I had no choice, other than to accept the package. I am very skeptical about the performance of the product after this was dropped on the floor like this. I suspect there could be some loose connections / similar issues that might have already happened. I am yet to switch on the amp. I feel :mad: and :( at the same moment. Penny wise Pound foolish.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-06-25 at 4.57.31 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-25 at 4.57.31 PM.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 85
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-06-25 at 4.56.01 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-25 at 4.56.01 PM.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 85
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-06-25 at 4.47.03 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-25 at 4.47.03 PM.jpeg
    430.4 KB · Views: 81
A slightly off topic. I ordered the same amp from Mumbai to "save some bucks" rather than going with the Bangalore dealer. And the product was delivered to me like this today - please see the attached pictures. The product was sent through a courier service that brought the product in a moped (2-wheeler) and casually DROPPED the product on the tar road. I had no choice, other than to accept the package. I am very skeptical about the performance of the product after this was dropped on the floor like this. I suspect there could be some loose connections / similar issues that might have already happened. I am yet to switch on the amp. I feel :mad: and :( at the same moment. Penny wise Pound foolish.

I switched on the amp and played a couple of songs. It seems to work fine. Will do more testing in the coming days!

Most of these dealers send via some unknown courier guys and they in turn redirect the parcel via some unknown local courier guys. Once the Torotrans sent a parcel via Tirupati couriers and it took just 2 days to reach to Bangalore from Pune. But after that the tracking started showing delivered and calling there customer care yielded nothing. Managed to get the local manager on phone and realized that these guys do not deliver to my area and hence gave the parcel to another courier agency which I now do not even remember. The other courier guy took 2 weeks to deliver as these fellows in turn handed over to another agency near my area and when I got hold of the number the delivery guy had a audacity to say that the parcel is in his home and that he is not free to deliver. After this experience I told Torotrans that even if the cost is couple of 100/- more please send it via DTDC or FedEx or other reputed who at least give me a safe delivery and also can track.

I can feel your pain looking at the box lying on the road. Hope it works as normal.

@gowmara , why can't you find that out on your own via google? Or call up a few dealers. I have told you a couple of times, I'm not a dealer. Stop posting nonsense and off topic post's on a thread that has no relevance. Does the original thread have anything to do with your question?

@celester340 If you can’t help, tell me that you can’t help or provide any information. I didn’t mention you as dealer and neither you informed me. As this thread is related to emotiva power amp, I thought of asking the price as already you purchased these amp.

@celester340 If you can’t help, tell me that you can’t help or provide any information. I didn’t mention you as dealer and neither you informed me. As this thread is related to emotiva power amp, I thought of asking the price as already you purchased these amp.
https://emotiva.com/products/a-150
Ht store- no stock
Acoustic art- no display of product
eBay and Amazon- product not available
You may need to import from usa

You asked me the same question via pm on 25th Dec. And I told you at that time, I don't know the prices as I'm not a dealer. Would u like me to post a screenshot?

Read again. This thread is a review of the emotiva basx a300. It's not a "general ask price of other items" thread.

You asked me the same question via pm on 25th Dec. And I told you at that time, I don't know the prices as I'm not a dealer. Would u like me to post a screenshot?

Read again. This thread is a review of the emotiva basx a300. It's not a "general ask price of other items" thread.
Sorry I missed that conversation.

Hey guys, reviving an old thread here - but looks like the MRP of this one has gone up in India - checked on Ooberpad and HTStore. Now retailing for 63.5k as compared to $400 in the US and 35k which the thread starter paid in 2018. Higher than the usual 100 multiplier for a dollar.

What's your take now, at that price?

Hey guys, reviving an old thread here - but looks like the MRP of this one has gone up in India - checked on Ooberpad and HTStore. Now retailing for 63.5k as compared to $400 in the US and 35k which the thread starter paid in 2018. Higher than the usual 100 multiplier for a dollar.

Dont think its worth the current price, assuming the MRP.
think something in the likes of Parasound new classic series, Schiit VIdars etc are more vfm than this.

These online buggers keep selling item at list price.
Any half decent dealer will offer 20-25% discount

Late year in August 2019 when I went for auditioned of Emotiva A-300, the was cost 53k . Dealer offer me 10% discount .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back