Sale on skull candy- Which in ear earphones to buy?

goyal.sanchit

Hello everyone

I was visiting ebay.com and found that there is a sale going on skull candy products and I am planning to buy in ear earphones.

New Home items in Skullcandy Store store on eBay!

I want to use them with my XPS laptop.

The issue is currently I have earphones which came with Samsung I9000 galaxy S. While they work great with the phone they do not work well with laptop.

I have to take the pin a little out from laptop for them to properly work!

So I wanted to know why it happens? And how to find if skull candy ones would be compatible with laptop or not?

Does it have something to do with different 3.5mm pin types?

Regards

Probably that's because the Galaxy S has a TRRS pin and the laptop has a normal TRS headphone out (See here). Normal IEMs (which are not made for iPhone / Mobile use) would come with the TRS connector and can be used with the laptop's headphone out.

Thanks. I also checked out on google and found more info on google.

There are many skull candy earphones which come with a mic feature. I am guessing they all would be using a trrs connector and thus would not work well with the laptop. Hence I shall look for earphones without a mic feature?

I guess as far as audio is concerned trs connectors works well with trrs sockets but its not the other way round. Is this understanding correct?

I guess as far as audio is concerned trs connectors works well with trrs sockets but its not the other way round. Is this understanding correct?

Not really! Clip+ and most other MP3 Players, DACs work with both TRS and TRRS connectors. But, I've not tried any of them with my laptop. I think it would depend on the pin configuration.

theironhorse is right! Though I've not tried a SkullKandy myself, their reputation is pretty bad for me to stay away from them :)

Slightly expensive, but I found Sennheiser CX-180 to be very good. Had got them for 1300 or so a few months back.

In-ear, very comfortable. Not sure if earphones require burn-in, but after few hours of use, they were sounding excellent.

EDIT: By the way, I had taken a demo of Dr. Dre headphones, and had found them "horrible" compared to the Sennheisers.

Iam getting Logitech Ultimate 350 in approx Rs. 2000/- through corporate offer. Is this good price for this Earphone.

In other models also we are getting approx 40% discount on MRP

buddy.. keep away from skull candy.. they are all bling..

as good as intex and frontech we get here in india. invest in something better.
I completely agree with @ironhorse. Would advise to stay away if possible.
Ohk thanks. One friend has got skull candy. Maybe I should demo them 1st. For about 500 rs they should not be that bad I suppose.
Goyal do you have any strict budget. If so then Skull Candy should be fine. If not I would suggest you to increase your budget and go for better ones.

Iam getting Logitech Ultimate 350 in approx Rs. 2000/- through corporate offer. Is this good price for this Earphone.

In other models also we are getting approx 40% discount on MRP

@vinshar the thread here talks about Skull Candy earphones. So it doesn't make sense to check about other brands here. Why don't you open a new thread or post in similar thread related to your product?

I do not want to spend much because the use would be very limited. But if the quality is way below par then there is no use buying. I would demo both the skull candy and the senheiser before making a decision! I didn't know skull candy has such bad reputation!

I completely agree with @ironhorse. Would advise to stay away if possible.

Goyal do you have any strict budget. If so then Skull Candy should be fine. If not I would suggest you to increase your budget and go for better ones.

even if the budget is 500. i request you to make it 600 and get jvc masrhmallow else creative ep-630. miles better than skullcandy infact its bad to even compare them.

Since people are discussing other brands also so I post this item. If you don't want to contribute simple please ignore instead of advising.

Since people are discussing other brands also so I post this item. If you don't want to contribute simple please ignore instead of advising.

we being a community believe in advising a good thing and i will still tell a person that there is a pit ahead. rest his wish if he wishes to jump and realize .. oops it's a pit.

if we had to ignore then there was no need of a thread, the person could have found it by himself

regarding your logitech headphones .logitech makes headphones for pc and not for critical audio listening. main emphasis is over vocal and thats bout it.

we being a community believe in advising a good thing and i will still tell a person that there is a pit ahead. rest his wish if he wishes to jump and realize .. oops it's a pit.

if we had to ignore then there was no need of a thread, the person could have found it by himself

regarding your logitech headphones .logitech makes headphones for pc and not for critical audio listening. main emphasis is over vocal and thats bout it.
@ Aman the post above from Vinshar is in reply to my post wherein I told him not to discuss about other brands in this thread since in the thread we are dicussing about Skull Candy earphones.

@ Aman the post above from Vinshar is in reply to my post wherein I told him not to discuss about other brands in this thread since in the thread we are dicussing about Skull Candy earphones.

gotcha..

in case if the fellow member felt bad.. my apology but my post was generalized and not pointed towards anyone.

Good the misunderstanding is cleared.

ironhorse, Ultimate Ears is under Logitech and they make some good Iems.

If you are thinking of buying skull candy then better go for MEElectronics, Brainwayz, Soundmagic etc. They will sound much nicer than the candies.

After reading so many bad reviews skull candy is almost cancelled. Though I have told my friend to bring the headphones for a demo.

What else can I find in 500-600 rs range. I would be checking out the jvc marshmallows. What else comes in that price range?

EDIT-

Skullcandy- CANCELLED

jvc marshmallow- Cancelled. The design doesnt look too good.

Creative ep630- Looks impressive. Might as well as buy 1.

The problem with earphones is how do you know their quality without testing them? :p

Also whats the difference between ep630 and ep600?

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/CreativeEP/60998

How are tekfusion twinwoofer or jbl tempo? Budget can be taken to Rs 1000.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back