Samsung 32D6000 or Sony 32EX520 or other for 8-12 feet distance

simple27

Hi experts,

Looking for your subjective review/comparision between Samsung 32D6000/Sony 32EX520. I am in Dubai for a week or so and planning to get one LED for living room, preferable viewing distance - 8-12 feet. Also I am getting Samsung 40D5000 under 40K here.

Budget: 40K

Picture quality important and planning to get Tata sky or HD Signal source when I am back in India.

I never plan to watch 3D on TV. But Samsung does not seem to have Smart TV without 3D. At the same time, would like to purchase something that does not require upgrade for at-least 4 years.

Thanks in anticipation

Last edited:
For 8-12 ft viewing distance go for 40", esp if you are going for HD channels. After a while you will find 32 too small. Btw height of 32 widescreen TV is abt 3" smaller than a 29" CRT if you have one.

Note that if you are using a 21" and don't find it too small at 8-12 ft, then 32 may work for you. I would suggest you keep that distance and preview both sizes.

If you are planning to get it from Dubai, then go for 40" only. you will not get that cheap over here.

If you are planning to get it from Dubai, then go for 40" only. you will not get that cheap over here.

But transportation and customs may be a problem! a smaller 32 inch tv doesnt generally attract less or no custom duties and is a bit easy to transport. But when one brings a bigger tv like a 40inch one then the custom guys go out of their way to see if they can levy more duty!:mad::mad:

i too wanted to bring a 40 inch tv from Qatar but was advised not to bring such a large tv due to transportation and duties.

You will have to bring it at your own risk!:indifferent14:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back