Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

sparky

Hi,
When I transitioned from CRT TV TV 4 years back I considered buying a plasma TV and had checked out various models but ended up buying the 32" Panasonic LCD because it was my first move to flat panels and the Plasma were coming only in big size.
It's been 4 years plus of using the LCD and I was back in the market, now for a bigger TV for the forthcoming world cup. I wanted to try Plasma this time for it's PQ and natural colours. The much sought after Panasonic plasmas are not in any of the 3-4 stores I checked out. Maybe there are a few pieces still sold online but for certain stuff I avoid online sites and prefer brick and mortar shops. After the Panasonic announcement of discontinuation of their plasma range of TVs it looks like none of the stores are stocking their Plasma TVs here in Bangalore. So there is not much choice for Plasma buyers.

After checking out the Samsung and LG Plasma ranges I bought the Samsung 43H4900 3D plasma TV as I really liked it's PQ and overall colour balance of different channels. I bought it from Croma stores, it's marked price was 46k and they were selling it for Rs.42,900 but I bargained and got a few freebies making the cost price 40K for me. The non-3D version for available for 33K but since it has lower resolution I opted for 3D one.

The TV is yet to be delivered and I will update once I have it set up and running.

Congrats mate! :clapping:
you made it. price details is good enough. all I can say its best VFM.

Enjoy your new beauty. Take care of its beginnings.
Share your experiences about its PQ. i also like to know how is 3D experience in this set.

Whoo :yahoo: , the set was delivered yesterday and got installed the same day by Samsung technician! The packaging was excellent and it was undoubtedly a fresh piece with all the bubble wrap and things. The Panel after installation looked perfect fit for the living room and viewing distance of 7-9 ft.
Now after setting up the TV we tuned to diff channels and I found that the colours are brilliant and sports comes out amazing. Mind you this is still SD as I am yet to get HD channels.

Because of heavy rains there was power outage for the entire night and I couldn't explore more, will do so today and update.

Congrats and enjoy WC in your new TV !
Also Pls take necessary precautions and care for the initial few hundred hours of usage.

Thanks guys and right, right, the first thing to do is go through pages regarding initial burn-in here in HFV and program the TV.
And extended warranty is available from Samsung, I got the 3 years extended warranty for Rs.3500.

Last edited:
Hi Congrats for the purchase..I too seen this TV during my purchase of PS51F5500,it was nice even in light room condition compared to the previous models..Best of luck..

I checked the usage hours using the steps mentioned in the other thread and got confirmed that it's new as it showed 10min, which is what was spent during installation.

The technician had a rip of the Avatar 3D movie and played it to demo the 3D usage and it was absolutely beautiful, the 3D effect was unbelievable almost like the cinema experience.

Below are some PICS of the TV playing diff channels, please note that these are SD channels and hence the PQ is not great.

Attachments

• IMG_6433.jpg
    IMG_6433.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_6436.jpg
    IMG_6436.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_6437.jpg
    IMG_6437.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_6438.jpg
    IMG_6438.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 379
Can anybody help me buy this TV. It's not available here in trivandrum in all major shops I checked. Any suggestions on online purchase. Please, wanna buy it b4 world cup.

Hello Josedandrew,

It is easily available here in Thrissur. Both in the Samsung brand shop as well as Reliance. Pricing I have been quoted is Rs 42,000 without any bargaining.

Look in TVM. I am sure it is available there. If not, I can shop around for you with regards to pricing and you can come and pick it up here.

Hope this helps.

Vinod

It has black plasma panel or white plasma panel?

It's kind of greyish.

The price was 42,900 but I got some kitchen items for 3,000 so it was effectively 40K for TV.
Some of the channels like HBO,Star Sports and Pix look awesome even though they are SD.

Last edited:
Is the screen resolution an issue for Samsung 43H4900 ?
Samsung 43H4900 has only 1024 x 768 while all LCD Tvs in same size come with Full HD resolution?
What is the minimum viewing distance for a perfect picture?

Bought this plasma TV few days ago. Samsung guys didn't turn up for installation. Finally did it myself.
One surprising thing I noticed is the screen is dark gray. I was expecting a light gray screen with lot of reflections. The image quality is excellent in my medium lit living room.
There are reflections of course, but very much manageable.

Any suggestions for calibration will be appreciated.

I am running it without any specific calibration settings. I have only turned off some enhancement modes and set the brightness, contrast, colour, etc to moderate values. I flip channels once every 30mins to allow the panel to acclimatise during the initial period for the first few months.
I too find the IQ very good and I haven't even gone to HD yet.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back