Samsung 64F8500 (not repairable) - depreciated refund even though under warranty!

ak73

Hi, I had issues with my Samsung 64F8500 where the power light would switch on but the picture wouldn't come on . The Samsung service people came three times, each time telling some or the other thing is gone and the third time, they told that panel is gone. I had the same issue about a year back where they replaced the panel but unfortunately the same issue has happened earlier this month. The TV is still under extended warranty (got the extended warranty and extra 3D glasses as i bought it during a promotion in August 2013) which expires this coming August. Now they are saying that they will give refund after depreciation of 35-40% as neither panel or TV is available anywhere and production has stopped. I'd really like to have the same TV as it's the best, but I don't have any other option. I want to know since it's still under warranty, why are they not giving the full refund. Is this the norm? I'd really like help as to how to deal with this situation. Thanks in advance. :sad:

If the TV is under warranty, they are bound to repair. But if parts are not available due to their fault, they are bound to give a tv of similar specification or full refund.

What they are trying to do, I guess, is delay the process till the warranty expires in coming August.

I suggest you to interact with them in writing (emails) so that every thing is documented i.e. your TV developed certain problem which the company failed to repair while the tv was within warranty period.

One of my uncles had a 55" Sony LCD bought from the first wave of LCDs in 2008, some X series model. The panel got faulty and the company asked them to pay approximately 31% of the cost of new TV after much exchange of emails and following up with the local service centre telephonically. On his first attempt on contacting local people, the local guys refused to entertain him at all! Then he asked me to do it which I did and that included sending a ton of emails to Sony America, Japan, Asia and India all with the hope that some higher authority in Sony might take some action against this injustice. Luckily, the whole process then got escalated and he got a new TV only after preparing a draft of this 31% amount of 1.8 lacs IIRC. After 4 years, that specific model's production was stopped and the panel was unavailable too. BTW, the MRP of the TV in 2008 was 4.5 lacs which I think he got for 3.8 or 3.9 lacs. In 2012 the prices of 55" panels had reduced drastically and it was around 1.8 lacs. So take the depreciation in account accordingly.

Just my two cents as I am assuming that process with Samsung would also be similar. Good luck and hope that your issue gets resolved soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about TV, but I got a full refund in my case when LG DVD player was not working and they unable to rectify the problem.

It is better to negotiate with them and reduce the depreciation percentage. Since the tv was serving you properly for 2.5 yrs . If the waranty period gone then they will start to act differently.

You need to send a strong email to Samsung HO and let them know how their local offices are working. I'm quite sure Samsung will resolve the issue in your favor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Keep everything documented. Send mails to Samsung Korea , India and all emails you can get hold of. If things don't look up within 3 weeks don't waste time move consumer court.

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990

He repaired my 2year old sony led tv 46w950a in just 5days .. authorised center asked 35k .. he did it in 11k

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back