Samsung AllShare (DLNA) with non Samsung products

lockerz1

My Samsung 32F5500 has built in wifi and can be connected with other Samsung devices using Samsung AllShare. My problem is that my laptop and cell phone are not of Samsung. Is there any way I can connect them wirelessly to my TV and stream files and surf the net? My laptop is of Lenovo (Windows 7) and cell phone is of Micromax (Jelly Bean). Can Samsung AllShare be conncted/tuned with other DLNA softwares? Which is the best software in this case?

Not sure about ALL Share but from a mobile, you can stream any video directly to your TV, if your TV supports DLNA/UPnp. All you need is Bubble UPnP and sempervidlinks.
I use both of these to push youtube videos from my HCT One to my LCD all the time

The Allshare app works on DLNA.

I think Allshare is an app available at Google Play. So if your mobile has it it should not be an issue to link with the TV. Samsung mobiles comes preloaded with the app.

Regarding laptop, I am using Dell, and with Allshare I can link directly with the TV, no issue.

Last edited:
How to you download the required DLNA software for laptop? I tried google playstore but could not understand which software to download. There was only 'install' option and no download option. Also it required login in order to 'purchase' the software. Can anybody give me the download link to the software?

Do you have the link to the Samsung AllShare for PC? I tried searching but could not find the download link.

How to you download the required DLNA software for laptop? I tried google playstore but could not understand which software to download. There was only 'install' option and no download option. Also it required login in order to 'purchase' the software. Can anybody give me the download link to the software?

The Google Play Store is only for the Android version of DLNA clients/servers etc.

If you want PC DLNA software do a web search for Serviio, Plex Media Server, Universal Media Server, PS3 Media Server, Twonky among others which will turn up links to these products. If you are running Windows 7 you can also use Windows Media Center or whatever it is called to serve via UPNP/DLNA too.

I posted this on other thread, but it will be useful for you too -

thread.......Re: Screen Mirroring in Sony Bravia W850A

WFD - WiFi display is developed on top of WiFi direct.

Thats why your phones are showing connected(wifidirect) but it will not display screen(wifi display).

SONY inbuilt miracast solution will work only with sony mobile (As far as i know)

Workaround for HTC(all other general android) -
Buy a miracast dongle. Netgear is a better option. It supports both Miracast and WiDi.
Miracast - wifi solution, intel widi - intel solution (please google for details)

PTV3000 | Wireless Display Adapters | Connected Entertainment | Home | NETGEAR

CONNECTION -
connect miracast dongle to your TV
search Dongle on your mobile (miracast app on your mobile)
if everything is OK, Screen mirroring shall work

No luck with any of the methods. I downloaded and installed Samsung AllShare on my Lenovo Laptop. There is no way to link the TV with the laptop. Also the TV does is not detected on the laptop, but the laptop is detected on the TV (using ad hoc). Still the TV and laptop do not get connected to each other. I also tried tvmobili and serviio but still no luck.

you are confusing the terms here..

Screen mirroring is to see whats on your phone screen on the TV..

Streaming is opening a file stored on the phone in the tv..

For screen mirroring..your phone and the tv both of them have to have Miracast compatiblity..

For that search with ur tv and phone names separately with Miracast on google.. (eg nexus 4 miracast... or nexus 4 screencast on samsung 5500 pdp)

the idea is to find a solution tht works for you...

Miracast on on Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013), & Nexus 10 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

please use google search a bit to narrow down your request so others can help u effectively..

since its not our job to do it and its a hobby and pleasure we would like to help out someone whos interested in finding out how to do it than asking us to google search and post the results..

i dont mean to offend you by any means.. but it would save all of us a lot of time if u could halp us help u better...

have a good day..
cheers

No luck with any of the methods. I downloaded and installed Samsung AllShare on my Lenovo Laptop. There is no way to link the TV with the laptop. Also the TV does is not detected on the laptop, but the laptop is detected on the TV (using ad hoc). Still the TV and laptop do not get connected to each other. I also tried tvmobili and serviio but still no luck.

have u connected them both to the same wireless router??

@gauthamnaidu -I know you are trying to help me, so no offence taken. First let us solve my laptop connection error, and then we will move to mobile screen sharing.

Coming back to the topic. I will write down the details in serial order
1) I have bought a Samsung 32F5500 which is a Smart TV.
2) I have not purchased any separate wireless modem/router etc.
3) From what I understand, this model has inbuilt wi-fi, so no need of any extra wi-fi modem/router (thats what I think).

In the Network option of the TV, there are following options -

a) Network Status (Check current network and Internet access.)
Network Status always shows Wireless Network disconnected. It shows some values in MAC Address. Other fields like IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server are always 0 0 0 0.

b) Network Settings (Set up your network to enjoy Smart Hub features like Internet browsing, home networking, feature updates and many more.)
This option searches for any nearby Wi-Fi networks. I made an ad-hoc profile in my Lenovo laptop which was detected as a separate Wi-Fi network on the TV. I also tried my friends HTC mobile which was detected by the TV (When the mobile was in Wi-Fi direct mode). BUT when I try to connect the devices with each other, it fails. It first asks for the necessary password (key). On entering the password(key), the TV shows as 'Connecting' and then after several seconds it shows 'Not able to connect'.

c) Wi-Fi Direct (When using Wi-Fi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router.)
Because of this description I think/thought that my TV or mobile/laptop do not need to be connected to any other wireless router.

d) AllShare Settings (Share experiences by connecting to a variety of smart devices. Set up Content Sharing and Screen Mirroring.)
The Content Sharing option shows 'No Equipment Stored'. This is maybe because I haven't been able to connect the TV to any other device uptill now.
Screen Mirroring shows - [TV]Home - Ready for connection. To get started, launch AllShare Cast on your device.

e) Device Name ([TV] Home)
You can give the TV any name of your choice. I have kept the default [TV]Home.

Now I have downloaded and installed AllShare software on my Lenovo laptop. I have turned on the wi-fi of the laptop. I have made an ad-hoc connection on it which gets detected on the TV. I have turned ON the 'Allow Searching' Option on the AllShare settings of laptop. File Sharing has been turned ON in the Network and Sharing option. Still I am not able to connect them to each other.

How do we resolve this issue?

@gauthamnaidu -I know you are trying to help me, so no offence taken. First let us solve my laptop connection error, and then we will move to mobile screen sharing.

Coming back to the topic. I will write down the details in serial order
1) I have bought a Samsung 32F5500 which is a Smart TV.
2) I have not purchased any separate wireless modem/router etc.
3) From what I understand, this model has inbuilt wi-fi, so no need of any extra wi-fi modem/router (thats what I think).

In the Network option of the TV, there are following options -

a) Network Status (Check current network and Internet access.)
Network Status always shows Wireless Network disconnected. It shows some values in MAC Address. Other fields like IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server are always 0 0 0 0.

b) Network Settings (Set up your network to enjoy Smart Hub features like Internet browsing, home networking, feature updates and many more.)
This option searches for any nearby Wi-Fi networks. I made an ad-hoc profile in my Lenovo laptop which was detected as a separate Wi-Fi network on the TV. I also tried my friends HTC mobile which was detected by the TV (When the mobile was in Wi-Fi direct mode). BUT when I try to connect the devices with each other, it fails. It first asks for the necessary password (key). On entering the password(key), the TV shows as 'Connecting' and then after several seconds it shows 'Not able to connect'.

c) Wi-Fi Direct (When using Wi-Fi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router.)
Because of this description I think/thought that my TV or mobile/laptop do not need to be connected to any other wireless router.

d) AllShare Settings (Share experiences by connecting to a variety of smart devices. Set up Content Sharing and Screen Mirroring.)
The Content Sharing option shows 'No Equipment Stored'. This is maybe because I haven't been able to connect the TV to any other device uptill now.
Screen Mirroring shows - [TV]Home - Ready for connection. To get started, launch AllShare Cast on your device.

e) Device Name ([TV] Home)
You can give the TV any name of your choice. I have kept the default [TV]Home.

Now I have downloaded and installed AllShare software on my Lenovo laptop. I have turned on the wi-fi of the laptop. I have made an ad-hoc connection on it which gets detected on the TV. I have turned ON the 'Allow Searching' Option on the AllShare settings of laptop. File Sharing has been turned ON in the Network and Sharing option. Still I am not able to connect them to each other.

How do we resolve this issue?

WiFi Direct itself is an adhoc connection between two devices.. I have tried and failed to make it work.. On the other hand it works good within phones.. So I'm not much worried..

For playing media files.. Photos songs which are on the phone... On the tv.. I use bubbleupnp.. It is simple..

And for streaming videos or songs from my laptop to the tv.. I use the allshare software..

For step by step instructions i'l send you my number in a PM if u want.. We can do it over the phone since it's gonna take half the life time to type it again.. I did mention it step by step in the post which I had made and sent u the link in the above messages.. So that's that..

Below is a video where u can see few wifidirect. Software.. Check out if anything works for u..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT-0oUtVOpg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And regarding connecting the tv and the laptop in an adhoc connection in the laptop and trying to stream videos.. I dont think it would work.. I'm not exactly sure why it won't.. But something tells me.. Any ways.. I shall try it some time and update u on that..

In the mean time.. The simple way to do it is a hdmi cable.. Trust me.. How much ever u can stream or cast.. It doesnt match the simplicity of just playing it from the laptop itself.. I use the Android phone as a remote.. Checkout roccats power grid.. Install it on the laptop and the phone.. Grab a beer and watch away..

Cheers..

Btw.. Sorry about the previous post.. Was very upset regarding something else.. My bad..

@gauthamnaidu - I tried connecting the TV and PC to the same wired router. The PC detected the TV but couldn't go any further to actual streaming. I will need to do some more research. BTW can you send me your gmail id instead of phone number? We will do the settings over google hangout if possible. ISD calling is pretty costly.

@lockerz1

I work in same domain, let me know if your setup still not working.
if interested you can catch me online on wekends.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back