Samsung E470 or Panasonic X50

CFL will also cause distraction. Other options:

1. If it is possible, then a light on one of the walls that is 90 to the TV
2. A table lamp next to the sofa that sends diffused light. I use this option.
3. Install a 30W bulb directly over the TV

and if you really prefer fancy ...

4. Install a small tube hidden behind the TV. The tube must be small 20W and should be slim enough (inclusive of casing) to fill behind the TV and the wall. A friend of mine in US has installed something similar - he has used white LED array all around the TV. LEDs point inside the TV so that it just gives a very cool feeling.

CFL will also cause distraction. Other options:

1. If it is possible, then a light on one of the walls that is 90 to the TV
2. A table lamp next to the sofa that sends diffused light. I use this option.
3. Install a 30W bulb directly over the TV

and if you really prefer fancy ...

4. Install a small tube hidden behind the TV. The tube must be small 20W and should be slim enough (inclusive of casing) to fill behind the TV and the wall. A friend of mine in US has installed something similar - he has used white LED array all around the TV. LEDs point inside the TV so that it just gives a very cool feeling.

These are interesting. But just want to be sure about 3 and 4.

In 3, you are saying normal bulb and not CFL and for 4 too, its tube light and not CFL right ? Any reason CFL will cause distraction and not normal bulb ?

Sanket.

In 3, you are saying normal bulb and not CFL and for 4 too, its tube light and not CFL right ? Any reason CFL will cause distraction and not normal bulb ?

Sanket.

Yes. Normal incandescent lamp. CFL will be too intense. If possible use a lamp shade to give aesthetic look as well as diffused light. But that means some expense. Basically diffused light is the key.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Sanket.

There is a lot of science on proper ambient lighting for a HT setup. You can't just put any light or lamp, there are certain specs........... If you are really interested this will give you a brief idea :

CinemaQuest, Inc.

Please do not use any LED lights as most people do....this defeats the whole purpose.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back