Samsung Frame 2020 as a viable mid-range alternative

i got it for 92k. SM9000 i did consider but it does not get as bright as q70r, its an IPS panel, if you really need dolby vision and gsync you consider that model over q70R. X950g can definitely get brighter but its costly and lacks VRR.
You got the q70r 55 or 65 for 92k? Here in my place samsung quoted 99500 for the 55 and RD mrp right now is 98k. Hoping to get it for maybe 90-92k if possible. Hence asking.

92k is a really good deal. If Samsung had Dolby Vision, it would have been the easiest pick, perfect for me. The only reason I am confused between Q70R & X950G is because of Dolby Vision, dont know if its worth the extra money. Also have not had a good experience with Sony TV in the past.

LG's IPS panel is a spoiler, otherwise that too would have been a worthy pick for the price.

And completely agree with you on HDMI 2.1, even next gen consoles wont have AAA titles for 4k@120 fps

Cheers
X950g is better than Q80R which is better than Q70R. So yes it will be worth the price difference.

You got the q70r 55 or 65 for 92k? Here in my place samsung quoted 99500 for the 55 and RD mrp right now is 98k. Hoping to get it for maybe 90-92k if possible. Hence asking.

65 Q70R would be more than 150k. So at 92k, it should be 55.

X950g is better than Q80R which is better than Q70R. So yes it will be worth the price difference.

In the av forum review of 950g, they had compared to the q70r. Following concerns were noticed:

• Backlight blooming in the black bars with HDR scope content
  • Android still has issues with crashing

Its a beast of a tele dont get me wrong and q70r has black crushing issues in some content and other shortcomings. But really dunno if 950g is better than q80r. If you have a link of comparison please do share.

In the av forum review of 950g, they had compared to the q70r. Following concerns were noticed:

Its a beast of a tele dont get me wrong and q70r has black crushing issues in some content and other shortcomings. But really dunno if 950g is better than q80r. If you have a link of comparison please do share.

Couldnt find a direct comparison between q80r & x950g, but here is an in-depth comparison of x950g with q90r. Q90R is a premium tv and this is not a fair comparison but x950g still performs well relatively. No matter what, Sony's processing is always top notch. The only problem with Sony is their motherboard issues, android bugs, soundbar connectivity issues etc.

Before anybody buy the x950g, I would like them to watch the avforums video review of that model.
Phil Hinton has categorically stated that, it's not suitable for watching movies in dark room due to blooming.

I have used mi tv in past it is a definate step up from the mi tv experience especially in gaming

I just checked it i got the tv for 71500 from flipkart sale
I decided and wanted to take the plunge but just to realize Frame went out of stock :(

I'm getting impatient and want to buy one

Couldnt find a direct comparison between q80r & x950g,

also Dolby vision is not a make or break feature. Specially Sonys implementation.Both the TVs are comparable .while sony has better color accuracy and superior processing,The Q80R had wide viewing angles and better dark room performance.

Hi, thats cool just a few things maybe you can clarify:
1. Upscale of content of lower resolutions
2. There is a crushing effect mentioned of finer details when during local dimming high and in dark content. For example crushing of the stars in gravity (Floating astronaut scene).
3. Blooming effect around subtitle on dark scenes
4. HDR gaming experience with console or even pc gaming whichever you can try.
5. Hows the overall motion during fast paced sequence or sports
6. Maximum compatible hard disk
7. UI experience with respect to apps support, UI speed during navigation.
8. How effective is the local dimming when changing scenes bright to dark and vice versa. Like in terms of lag during transition and dimming taking effect.
1. I don't have cable/dish connected, so i cant test that. from YouTube video testing upscaling is excellent from 1080p , 720p also ok, 480p and lower I would say average.
2. Check the attached image below.
3. Not that pronounced, local dimming is ok, not at all distracting. but screen bleed is there on the edges. check image.
4. HDR gaming with console is awesome, with getting HDR to work is kind of finnicky , my short HDMI cables work great but long range ones are problematic, input signal plus does not get activated easily. Also HDR feels dim in PC mode.
5. Motion is great, haven't had any issues till now.
6. tried 2tb works great.
7. UI is fast smooth, there are some stutters here and there, but app collection mediocre , cant touch Android TV. since i am always connected to a PC, I have no qualms.
8. Don't really know how to test this, tried some local dimming tests and felt ok.

1. I don't have cable/dish connected, so i cant test that. from YouTube video testing upscaling is excellent from 1080p , 720p also ok, 480p and lower I would say average.
2. Check the attached image below.
3. Not that pronounced, local dimming is ok, not at all distracting. but screen bleed is there on the edges. check image.
4. HDR gaming with console is awesome, with getting HDR to work is kind of finnicky , my short HDMI cables work great but long range ones are problematic, input signal plus does not get activated easily. Also HDR feels dim in PC mode.
5. Motion is great, haven't had any issues till now.
6. tried 2tb works great.
7. UI is fast smooth, there are some stutters here and there, but app collection mediocre , cant touch Android TV. since i am always connected to a PC, I have no qualms.
8. Don't really know how to test this, tried some local dimming tests and felt ok.

Mad Max picture looks quite good, there is hardly any noticeable blooming around the subtitles specially given the dark background.

Also, I know you have nothing to compare to, but how does Dolby Vision content perform? (Netflix, Prime Video etc)

Sony will launch x74 in India on aug 6th. Exclusive amazon model. 49 & 65 inch only. They will reveal price of 65 inch on aug 6th. 49 inch price is RS49990.00

I am thinking about buying 65” for living area I am worried about viewing angle as I want to view through vide angle is this tv good for such scenario

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back