Samsung Offer closing on 31 March 2012

callerid

Hi all,

I have joined the forum just yeterday and did not have time to do a post immediately.

It was seen in todays papers that Samsung's offer for TV's are closing today.

I had planned on Sony KDL 46NX720 or on Samsung 46D6600WR and finally I have narrowed down to Samsung as I had read that their PQ is good for SD as well as HD content. Most of viewing in a normal day is Regional SD channels and weekends with Sports HD & Movies HD. So any suggestion or hints on above is most welcome.

I had also read that Web browsing in the above tv's are not good and hence will restrict to general STB Viewing. Got a PS3 and can someone clarify whether there are any compatible issues if i go for Samsung?

What is the significance of having DVB-T ready, if I am using Airtel HD STB and connect using HDMI?

Coming back to the topic of Samsung Offer for 4 3D glasses free + 1 22" LCD HD TV, is it yearend offer to sell off old models due to impending arrival of new models in April / May 2012? Are any new models scheduled to arrive in the coming months?

I had also read in 1 of the posts that prices will only increase due to Excise duty increase even though the panel costs may come down on smaller sizes. Is this correct? And if newer models come, I suppose the above mentioned models may also see a drop in price or it will take some time?

In case i do choose to buy today, which shop in Bangalore will give good demo / service / and freebies additional?

I had read in this forum that it is not possible to know the panel type unless we open the box. So how to make certain I get the SPV-A type?

So many questions in the 1st post...

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Callerid

Hi all,

I have joined the forum just yeterday and did not have time to do a post immediately.

It was seen in todays papers that Samsung's offer for TV's are closing today.

I had planned on Sony KDL 46NX720 or on Samsung 46D6600WR and finally I have narrowed down to Samsung as I had read that their PQ is good for SD as well as HD content. Most of viewing in a normal day is Regional SD channels and weekends with Sports HD & Movies HD. So any suggestion or hints on above is most welcome.

I had also read that Web browsing in the above tv's are not good and hence will restrict to general STB Viewing. Got a PS3 and can someone clarify whether there are any compatible issues if i go for Samsung?

What is the significance of having DVB-T ready, if I am using Airtel HD STB and connect using HDMI?

Coming back to the topic of Samsung Offer for 4 3D glasses free + 1 22" LCD HD TV, is it yearend offer to sell off old models due to impending arrival of new models in April / May 2012? Are any new models scheduled to arrive in the coming months?

I had also read in 1 of the posts that prices will only increase due to Excise duty increase even though the panel costs may come down on smaller sizes. Is this correct? And if newer models come, I suppose the above mentioned models may also see a drop in price or it will take some time?

In case i do choose to buy today, which shop in Bangalore will give good demo / service / and freebies additional?

I had read in this forum that it is not possible to know the panel type unless we open the box. So how to make certain I get the SPV-A type?

So many questions in the 1st post...

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Callerid

Hi,
I know the offers might have closed up by now, but still can you please tell me what these offers were?

Samsung was giving away a 22" FULL HD LCD TV free with LED TV of 40" and above and together they were also giving away 4 3D Glasses instead of the usual 2, but not sure whether these were active glasses.

Croma rep told that the cash selling price of this tv model 22" is Rs 9K.

When enquired in the shops about free TV, I was told that the same would be sent directly from Samsung.

Trust the above clarifies your requirement.

Regards,

Back