Samsung plasma not turning on

sunilkm

Hi,

My beloved plasma 51f5500 which I have been using with lot of care for the last 7 years ( One of the early purchaser in 2013) is not turning on today...The standby power light is blinking ( not continous but 2 blinks 4 times and after sometime it repeats). I have unplugged from the power socket and reconnected to another socket. But it is the same issue of standby power blinking. Internet search is poiting towards some power board issue. What could be the problem? Samsung customer care number is not working now may be due to lockdown. Is there any chance of repairing this issue as it was working without any glitch so far and it is in excellent condition as well.

Hi, in my case Samsung service has been good and they did repair my plasma few years ago. If they don't respond after inspection you can try escalating your complaint. The service centre guys have to work a bit to get the matching board which may be in stock elsewhere.

The problem I faced was different so cannot comment on yours but it seems it can be rectified. Were you using a stabilizer (though it shouldn't need one). Did you notice sudden surges or thunderstorms during the failure time

Hi,

My beloved plasma 51f5500 which I have been using with lot of care for the last 7 years ( One of the early purchaser in 2013) is not turning on today...The standby power light is blinking ( not continous but 2 blinks 4 times and after sometime it repeats). I have unplugged from the power socket and reconnected to another socket. But it is the same issue of standby power blinking. Internet search is poiting towards some power board issue. What could be the problem? Samsung customer care number is not working now may be due to lockdown. Is there any chance of repairing this issue as it was working without any glitch so far and it is in excellent condition as well.
Hi there,
I had a similar problem to my 43H4900 plasma, few years back. It won't switch on and stand by light blinking erratically.
The problem was due to a grounded igbt on Y sustain board. Replaced it for 2.5k and solved the issue.

Thanks all for the response. That is a relief.
Yes using with stabilizer and belkin surge protector. There was no power problems or thunderstorm. It worked normally at night.
When I tried to switch on in the morning it showed this issue. I will wait till lockdown ends to get it checked by technician.

Last year I faced similar problem with my 5 yr Samsung plasma(51F5500),standyby power was blinking few times but tv didn’t switch on..Samsung technician informed me that there is a problem in the panel and would cost 29000!!.after few days,I was told that the spare part is not available for plasmas and for this model,so they gave me the compensation and took the tv.Bought an LED after that,but definitely miss my plasma..

Last edited:
Last year I faced similar problem with my 5 yr Samsung plasma(51F5500),standyby power was blinking few times but tv didn’t switch on..Samsung technician informed me that there is a problem in the panel and would cost 29000!!.after few days,I was told that the spare part is not available for plasmas and for this model,so they gave me the compensation and took the tv.Bought an LED after that,but definitely miss my plasma..
Compensation for a 5 year Plasma?

Compensation for a 5 year Plasma?
I think Samsung should provide service/spare parts for 7 yrs..If the spare part is not available they will provide compensation anywhere between 10-25% of the invoice value (depending upon how old the tv is)

I think Samsung should provide service/spare parts for 7 yrs..If the spare part is not available they will provide compensation anywhere between 10-25% of the invoice value (depending upon how old the tv is)
That is interesting. Does this go only with Samsung or with others like LG and Sony?

My TV is same 51F5500. I am hoping that it is not a serious issue..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back