Samsung RU7470 or NU8000 or Q60R - Help me pick one

manojdaran

Hello guys, help me pick the best of the three TVs. As per reviews, I felt Nu8000 is slightly better than all, but it is available at 85K which is a bit above my budget. Couldnt find any worthy reviews for RU7470 not even in Rtings. Some say, RU7470 is almost similar to NU8000. Viewing angle is not a problem as my room is very narrow. Sound wont be an issue as I have nice HT set up with the help of this forum earlier. My main usage is movies, and some gaming. So please pick the best one for me, and suggest other models if any.

Thanks

My main usage is movies, and some gaming. So please pick the best one for me, and suggest other models if any.
Thanks
Hi @manojdaran, I have an 55RU7470. Panelwise its a good tv. For gaming, I think 55in+ has 120 hz refresh rate also. I have a firetv stick so cant comment on the Tizen UI experience. Of course HDR during very dark scenes like say stranger things, I wish it had a higher beak brightness. As I had to lower all the lights in the room to make out the details. I guess the QLED would trump here.

My suggestion is not to break the bank for a tv purchase. With rapid tech changes, the age wherein one kept a tv for long is over. Movie aficionados would anyway upgrade frequently. And there are only so many spare tv's that one can keep about the house :)

Why did Rtings rate Sony Tvs [Around 85K or less] lower than the couunterpart Samsung models?? I use a 3 year old FULL HD Sony TV [Didnt remember the model no.]. I can say, this old TV easily outmatch Samsung Q50 in Sharpness, motion and color. What is it then??

Hello guys, help me pick the best of the three TVs. As per reviews, I felt Nu8000 is slightly better than all, but it is available at 85K which is a bit above my budget. Couldnt find any worthy reviews for RU7470 not even in Rtings. Some say, RU7470 is almost similar to NU8000. Viewing angle is not a problem as my room is very narrow. Sound wont be an issue as I have nice HT set up with the help of this forum earlier. My main usage is movies, and some gaming. So please pick the best one for me, and suggest other models if any.

Thanks

Spend 1 lac and get a B9 OLED. Miles ahead of all these options; it's also the best TV according to Rtings. Great viewing angles too. If you're primarily watching movies and some gaming, burn-in shouldn't be a concern with these newer panels with bigger red subpixel. Brighter in HDR than all of the options you have listed too. None of them have local dimming either, which means HDR is going to be pretty meh, especially in dark or dim rooms.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back