Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

andre19

Hey guys wanted to know when will Samsung/Sony and Panasonic launch their 2012 models in India?? I am asking because i hope to get a good deal on the older 2011 models once the 2012 models arrive!
If anyone has any detail please do reply!!Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:)

Well this year its going to be late .
No one knows the exact time frame.
sony has started the clearance sale just a few days ago , we should start seeing the new models in May or june.None of the asian countries have started selling the 2012 model.

Panasonic traditionally are the last to launch new tvs in india.

Hope the New tvs from Sony and Samsung arrive around may- June!!

OFF TOPIC!
I was shocked to see the price of Samsung plasma tvs going up by atleast 5 to 6k:eek: (51d490 and 51d550)when compared to October-November prices!! I thought the prices would crash due to the new replacement 2012 models but i guess the weak rupee is the main culprit!!

Guys, looks like it's started now.:p

Consumer electronics giant Samsung Electronics, on Sunday, launched its new 2012 series of interactive smart television for South-West Asian market. The flagship of the new series is the ES8000 LED TV in the 55-inch screen size segment.

The ES8000 will be launched in India next month, which would be priced at Rs 2,70,000 and will contain 440 applications relevant to India like imasti for regional language movies, games, lifestyle, etc.

Source-
Samsung launches interactive 'Smart Television'

That launch was in bangkok,but don't expect all the models to be launched at once next month.

@ andre19 - you've a commendable level of patience :)
i fare badly in this regard :eek:

he he. I managed to offset this with my new car!! my old car was at the end of its life so got a new one:D!! The tv had to wait since we are shifting to a new place and we particularly dont know the environment in which the tv will be placed,house is not yet completed!!

Guys i dont think Samsung is going to bring any new plasma tv for this year,according to a sale rep in the Samsung brand shop!! Hoping Samsung launched a 6 series 43 inch plasma tv but i guess its not going to happen anytime soon!!:sad:

though Samsung will launch some new Lcd?led tvs but only few!

43E490 should be coming too.

I checked the Samsung uk website and found no major difference in the D490 vs E490, only the E490 has real black!(is this the real black filter??) which the D490 doesn't. I am sadden that there are no 43 inch 5 or 6 series PDP tvs in the pipeline, not even launched in uk!

I guess our Goa dealers are too drunk to give any concrete info!!:lol::lol:

@Andre

But of course the Samsung UK site does show PS43E490. Amazon must have missed it or they don't have it in US.

I went through the specs and noticed that it's HD ready. But they also mention that they can enjoy 3D in Full HD. So couldn't understand that part.

@Andre

But of course the Samsung UK site does show PS43E490. Amazon must have missed it or they don't have it in US.

I went through the specs and noticed that it's HD ready. But they also mention that they can enjoy 3D in Full HD. So couldn't understand that part.

The older D490 series is available in the US,btw with everything American it has to be big!!! so mostly the 50 plus inch tvs sell well(plasma),the lower D490 is not given that much of importance in the US. They will mostly get the new Bigger screens first and the the smaller ones!

The 4 series are the HD ready ones,This new one gets real black???, looses that touch of colour on the bezel,gets charcoal black, the rest is the same!

Thanks for the news, sammydude!

Can you ask him if 51E550 will also be available soon?

I asked here in Trivandrum at QRS Retail and the rep said that new 2012 Samsung Plasma TVs will be available in May only.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back