Samung smart LED TV warranty covered in India

destructor

Hello All,

I am flying down to singapore coming weekend and planning to buy 40 inch smart LED F5500. Price of it in India is around 55k and the same is available in SNG for 30-35k.

Have couple of queries in regards to:
Freight cost - any idea, how much are the charges ?
Most important is the warranty and installation- i called up samsung customer care and they told me that if tv without warranty per visit is rs 5000 and if covered under international warranty then engineer will check the warranty and based on the fault he will let me know the service charge but no service contract offered for impoted tv.
Is this the correct information i have got?
How much are the charges for installation?
Will only samsung can install it or i can get it installed from anyone?
Should i really bother about the warranty? If thr is huge price difference?

Any other suggestions in terms of purchase from singapore or anything that would help me land tv in india safely and at economical rates ?

Thanks in Advance!

Hello All,

I am flying down to singapore coming weekend and planning to buy 40 inch smart LED F5500. Price of it in India is around 55k and the same is available in SNG for 30-35k.

Have couple of queries in regards to:
Freight cost - any idea, how much are the charges ?
Most important is the warranty and installation- i called up samsung customer care and they told me that if tv without warranty per visit is rs 5000 and if covered under international warranty then engineer will check the warranty and based on the fault he will let me know the service charge but no service contract offered for impoted tv.
Is this the correct information i have got?
How much are the charges for installation?
Will only samsung can install it or i can get it installed from anyone?
Should i really bother about the warranty? If thr is huge price difference?

Any other suggestions in terms of purchase from singapore or anything that would help me land tv in india safely and at economical rates ?

Thanks in Advance!

Well...I would say drop the idea of getting a led from singapore. Since August 2013, indian govt has started Imposing a flat 35% duty on flat panels coming as part of baggage.
AFAIK...Samsung also withdrew there international warranty this year onwards....so no warranty too.

So...forget about it n buy the same model here n try to bargain hard n get it with extended warranty. The way panels are failing these days...u need every extra bit of warranty.

Custom clearance would not be the problem.
I will get it without paying duty.
Only issue is the warranty cover. Is it worthwhile taking a risk.

Custom clearance would not be the problem.
I will get it without paying duty.
Only issue is the warranty cover. Is it worthwhile taking a risk.

Many fellows bought led tvs from singapore .We have to keep trust and buy from abroad that it will work flawlessly,even if some problem occurs,you can get if fixed by samsung on paying them service charge.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back