Sandisk Fuze or Fuze+

jainanshal

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me which is a better buy, Fuze or Fuze+?
Main concern is SQ as i want to use it only for music and plug it directly to my 2.1 HT system (Altec Lansing MX5021), hardly to be used with headphones.

Advt of Fuze - Rockbox and Line Out

Advt of Fuze+ - bigger screen and next generation (may have better hardware, not sure though)

So which one should i opt?
You can give other suggestions as well which can fulfill my requirement. Budget around 5k.

on amazon, many reviews seem to trash the new fuze+ and insist that the 'older' fuze was the better product. check out the reviews there.

@nandac Thanks for your input..

I have almost made my mind for Fuze now.

Although can anyone comment about the sound quality/output through Altec Lansing MX5021 (2.1 HT) when connected to the headphone out of Fuze.

on amazon, many reviews seem to trash the new fuze+ and insist that the 'older' fuze was the better product. check out the reviews there.
Do you own Fuze+?
I guess no.
I am member of ABi as well Sandisk forums.
Every new product has problems.
And latest generation players support firmware upgradation.
When Fuze+ was new people had problem but Sandisk has facilitated that people tell them their problem through their forum.
Now after latest update 2.37 most of the problems are resolved.
And it will be further improved in future.
The touch pad is by synaptics(that make touch pads for laptops) so,it is not a chepo player.
Fuze+ is one of few player that has FM RDS

Every new product has problems.
Why? Because it is released before properly developed and tested? Before the days of software upgrade, such products simply got binned, or caused endless warranty problems for their manufacturers.

The big names in computer software have persuaded us that it is normal to accept second best. It should not be. Consumers should demand more.

For me, the main reason behind going for Fuze is the Rockbox support. I feel till the time you can install Rockbox.. all you need to worry about the device is its hardware quality.

Why? Because it is released before properly developed and tested? Before the days of software upgrade, such products simply got binned, or caused endless warranty problems for their manufacturers.

The big names in computer software have persuaded us that it is normal to accept second best. It should not be. Consumers should demand more.
Man who is perfect is in this world?Remember Windows Xp then Vista.Finally Microsoft got it right with Windows 7.
Fuze+ is Sandisk's first player with touch pad and even Rockbock developer stated that it is very complex firmware.
For customers atleast Sandisk is taking into account people's views,for example,the lock button was on play button and user suggested to change it to on/off button and this modification is done in latest firmware.
Even Fuze is not perfect because it has proprietary port,so so radio and so so screen.

Guys can we get back to topic?? :)
As advised before borrow some player from friend and see if you are satisfied.
There is no point taking advice of people who do not own the set you have or going to have.Once again line-out will not be much useful as sound volume will be low.Sandisk products are unique that their sound quality does not degrade when load is attached.
I suggest you take your query to Anything butipod and you will get 100% best advice.;)
And you will be glad that I am keeping my Fuze+ for personal use.:D

As advised before borrow some player from friend and see if you are satisfied.
There is no point taking advice of people who do not own the set you have or going to have.Once again line-out will not be much useful as sound volume will be low.Sandisk products are unique that their sound quality does not degrade when load is attached.
I suggest you take your query to Anything butipod and you will get 100% best advice.;)
And you will be glad that I am keeping my Fuze+ for personal use.:D

Thanks :) and yes i do remember our discussion on another forum. But the problem is that none of my friends own a Fuze (or even a Clip for that matter, pretty useless people ;) ) so no chance of testing. Anyways, i'll try there as well and see if i get a response.

Again, if anyone here has used or using Fuze with a 2.1 HT, plz do comment.

jainanshal, where do you plan to buy the fuze from?

yesterday i had been to many shops in two prominent malls in bangalore. but couldn't find any which sold the sansa fuze. now i am planning to import it from the usa at 35% extra cost.

@NANDAC and Jainanshal:
Contact Gautam of Pristine notes.
He may have some units of Fuze in stock.
Also buy boxed item as open box items are refurbished units.

^From where you are buying 4gb Fuze?
Note that cheap 4gb players sold on GEB are refurbished units.
That are sold without manual and original box.

Getting it from a friend locally.

In any case, what's the problem with a refurbished unit? Its the same device (with the same hardware) only without the box. I have used some refurb devices myself, never faced any issue.

^Not much a problem if has passed quality checks.
You need fuze and you not getting it easily, whereas, I do not need it and got offer some 10days back which I passed.

I checked out a few players and coincidentally Sansa Fuze suits my needs perfectly. Can some one suggest where to buy it in Kolkata?

Also, can it be played in a car with the car music player or some other way?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back