Sansui 2000X opinions??

shoaib

Hello guys!
I was planning to buy a vintage 1970 Sansui 2000x receiver. It is a solid state receiver.
I tend to like the solid state sound at least with my Harman Kardon 330B...

Anyways i wanted to know if ay one has some experience of owning and enjoying the Sansui 2000X and what are the opinions? Thanks

haven't heard the 2000x, but have used the au717, 317 and aud11. You cannot go wrong with sansui amps.

i see because i have heard people say that the sound of this particular series is more tubey...and they dont prefer it ..although i somehow prefer the solid state equipemnt sound . so i was just curious if anyone has had the chance of owning this receiver

Hi
i see because i have heard people say that the sound of this particular series is more tubey...and they dont prefer it ..although i somehow prefer the solid state equipemnt sound . so i was just curious if anyone has had the chance of owning this receiver

Hi

I have heard the 2000x. I have not heard many tubes so can't say about the sound being tube like. It is warm, sweet and musical. Definitely recommended.

Remember, like all vintage amps, it may need TLC time & again and recapping in near future so be prepared.

Regards

Hi

Hi

I have heard the 2000x. I have not heard many tubes so can't say about the sound being tube like. It is warm, sweet and musical. Definitely recommended.

Remember, like all vintage amps, it may need TLC time & again and recapping in near future so be prepared.

Regards
Yes i understand. I have inherited my father audio from early 70s and have heard nothing but vintage. So i understand what u r saying. The word warm that u used has me convinced. Thanks. Will try and buy asap.

Yes i understand. I have inherited my father audio from early 70s and have heard nothing but vintage. So i understand what u r saying. The word warm that u used has me convinced. Thanks. Will try and buy asap.

Hi there

So did you procure it. If yes, share your listening impressions and thoughts. If possible, couple of pics too

Regards

Hello guys!
I was planning to buy a vintage 1970 Sansui 2000x receiver. It is a solid state receiver.
I tend to like the solid state sound at least with my Harman Kardon 330B...

Anyways i wanted to know if ay one has some experience of owning and enjoying the Sansui 2000X and what are the opinions? Thanks
Sansui 70s Receivers are top Notch in Audio quality, They they cant be Fast or dynamic for New Era Music.But for Music before say 2000/Mid 90's they are stellar.Only issue is Static Noise from Old components when needs slight Work. Apart from it, When some Major Issue hits, better to Use them as Decor stand instead of Amp on table for their Lights :)

Sansui 70s Receivers are top Notch in Audio quality, They they cant be Fast or dynamic for New Era Music.But for Music before say 2000/Mid 90's they are stellar.Only issue is Static Noise from Old components when needs slight Work. Apart from it, When some Major Issue hits, better to Use them as Decor stand instead of Amp on table for their Lights :)
Your signature is quite interesting... AX-900 with NS-1000?? Please share your view about this combo.

Overall decent quality lacking the Mid Bass, Bass is punchy not quite heavy and Treable is sharp sometimes . Currently looking for a Sansui or Pioneer Vintage receivers to pair them with Yamaha and see the difference its going to make.

I had the 2000a earlier.
Traded in for a au607
2000a wasn't bad but you could definitely hear old caps. I should have given a shot at recapping it
Recapped almost 90% of au607 and oh boy , it makes grunt like no tomorrow. Despite low wattage it sounds so huge. Power supply recap was a major upgrade. All those complaints of dull thick bass is due to the beaten up 50yr old electrolytics.
IMG_20220112_230153_copy_1920x1080.jpg

I had the 2000a earlier.
Traded in for a au607
2000a wasn't bad but you could definitely hear old caps. I should have given a shot at recapping it
Recapped almost 90% of au607 and oh boy , it makes grunt like no tomorrow. Despite low wattage it sounds so huge. Power supply recap was a major upgrade. All those complaints of dull thick bass is due to the beaten up 50yr old electrolytics.
View attachment 66337
Neat looking!! Did you do the recapping yourself ? And way caps did you use?

Neat looking!! Did you do the recapping yourself ? And way caps did you use?
Yep, all by myself. Power amp section is modular, that was easy to recap. Power supply is a mess though. Had to recap without taking it out
Preamp and certain sections of the power supply are still pending.
Caps used:
1) Elna Silmic II for power supply
2) Vishay film and Nippon electrolytic for power amp section

Yep, all by myself. Power amp section is modular, that was easy to recap. Power supply is a mess though. Had to recap without taking it out
Preamp and certain sections of the power supply are still pending.
Caps used:
1) Elna Silmic II for power supply
2) Vishay film and Nippon electrolytic for power amp section
Can you tell me how much does it cost? And a complete rookie, aka ME, can do that?

Can you tell me how much does it cost? And a complete rookie, aka ME, can do that?
<5k for all caps
If you are good with soldering, recapping should be straight forward(ensure polarity and take lots of pics of original alignment). De soldering can be a little tricky, the old traces are fragile and forceful removal of components might lead to damaged traces. Reflow solder before desoldering.

Hello everyone,

I find your discussion quite informative. I've got a 2000A that's been driving me round the bend. I love the sound but it's really become quit finicky. It lost contact with the speakers so I had it repaired. Beautiful sound. For about two weeks. The the speaker connection died again. The amp has had NO work done on it since I got it nearly fifty years ago. (Did I really say that?). Anyway, do you think it's worth repairing again, given that it'll probably be in need of quite an overhaul from what you've all said? How much life can the old girl still have in her?

I have had a 2000x for a decade and bigger sansui integrated amp and receiver (au717, 7000x from the mid 70s) Everything said here is true. Just swapped in a pair of yamaha amps. I can say these new amps are clearly more precise, clinical. Just like moving to a digital camera from an old pentax. Depends on what you like. My old sansuis are still hooked to speaker systems if that means anything. I don't know tubes, but i imagine that 2000x has a tube like --warm -- sound. There is NO DOUBT you can hear a difference. If you're tired of precise dry, you might like Sansui, esp 2000x.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back