• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Sansui AV Reciever RZ7700AV

Wharfedale Evo 4.2
Status
Not open for further replies.

kapvin

Hey this is my first post in this section, so apologies if there are any rule infringements (and please point them out)

Okay here goes.

For Sale Sansui RZ7700AV reciever

purchase in june 2000 (or therabouts). Used till 2005 as the main system and then till june 2007 as a secondary system. has been in a box since then

Specs
5 x100w (2x130w) DIN (These are genuine watts- check out the power rating at the back- 1300w --> my yamaha RX-v1500 7x120w is rated at 500w)

Dolby digital / DTS - via digital inputs

Dolby Pro-logic + soundfiled for Analgue + digital inputs
On Screen Display

Optical input for dvd, RF Coax for LD (if anyone still owns one of those)

Fully working remote

2 subwoofer and centre channel connections (so it's actually 5.2)

Composite video switching No component svideo or hdmi connections or switching.

Price Rs 7k
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Reason for upgrade each time --- It cannot handle multiple digital sources

Sounds good, has a decent amount of power. Weighs over 15kgs. I have the manual but the original carton is missing

Will upload some higher res photos when I figure out imgshack..

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Please consider making a voluntary donation to help towards the running of HiFiViSION.COM

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  5. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  6. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  7. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  8. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  9. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

Last edited:

anm

I think it's a good bargain if you take video directly to tv/ proj and 5.1 audio via digital to the avr. I have an onkyo in the same league lying around, and it sounds quite powerful. This one should be more powerful.

kapvin

difficult to specifically put in words but ... warm and dry?

while there is a warm sound.. the bass is very tight, almost dry..

I had heard it side by side with an much older Sansui amp AU-x901 (which had come to the store as a trade in) and the sound was similar. the integrated was noticably more dynamic and cleaner but the tonality was similar.

hope this helps!

kapvin

Hi,

there were some queries by Pm, so I thought I'd clarify..

.. everything works!!!!

all buttons, all switches, all modes.

the price mentioned is for a product in fully working order.

cheers!

Saurabh

Hey this is my first post in this section, so apologies if there are any rule infringements (and please point them out)

Okay here goes.

For Sale Sansui RZ7700AV reciever

purchase in june 2000 (or therabouts). Used till 2005 as the main system and then till june 2007 as a secondary system. has been in a box since then

Specs
5 x100w (2x130w) DIN (These are genuine watts- check out the power rating at the back- 1300w --> my yamaha RX-v1500 7x120w is rated at 500w)

Dolby digital / DTS - via digital inputs

Dolby Pro-logic + soundfiled for Analgue + digital inputs
On Screen Display

Optical input for dvd, RF Coax for LD (if anyone still owns one of those)

Fully working remote

2 subwoofer and centre channel connections (so it's actually 5.2)

Composite video switching No component svideo or hdmi connections or switching.

Price Rs 7k
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Reason for upgrade each time --- It cannot handle multiple digital sources

Sounds good, has a decent amount of power. Weighs over 15kgs. I have the manual but the original carton is missing

Will upload some higher res photos when I figure out imgshack..
hi kapvin
could u plz tell me which country the AVR made in?

kapvin

hi kapvin
could u plz tell me which country the AVR made in?
I thought it was Japan, but I checked the back panel photos, and it strangely is not mentioned. (check the higher res photos i've just attached). I'll check the manual when I get home late evening today.

Last edited:

Saurabh

I thought it was Japan, but I checked the back panel photos, and it strangely is not mentioned. (check the higher res photos i've just attached). I'll check the manual when I get home late evening today.
yes quite strange to see...i mean 1st time I have seen a back panel with out manufacturer country detail....

Saurabh

So have you checked the manual what does it say.....?where it is made in Japan .....or somewhere else....?just let me know......

kapvin

So have you checked the manual what does it say.....?where it is made in Japan .....or somewhere else....?just let me know......
it does not say anything.

next time i unpack the amp, i'll check the underside as well.

AFIAK, the old sansui was not made anywhere outside of japan.

could you help me understand why it is important for you to know?

Last edited:

metalmickey

still on sale?.how will they go with my kenwood 3 way speakers.any clue?.they are old spkrs frm my kenwood 1000 watts system!.sorry if i sounded noob!

kapvin

still on sale?.how will they go with my kenwood 3 way speakers.any clue?.they are old spkrs frm my kenwood 1000 watts system!.sorry if i sounded noob!
hi,

it's still available.

what kenwood speakers are these? a photo or specs would be useful.

metalmickey

its an 3 way spkr
ill just type in frm the manual

enclosure-bass reflex system
spkr config-3 way
woofer-160mm cone type
tweeter-65mm cone type
super tweeter-25mm dome type
impedance-6
maximum input level-100w

Status
Not open for further replies.