The Sansui SR-333 is a dependable, high-performance manual turntable, a direct drive design that's perfect in every way, especially for audiophiles moving into the total world of component sound.
Scientific measurements, even it's fine performance specifications, can't really describe the key criterion of this unit, its superb tonal quality. And it also has many of the most important features of the more expensive Sansui turntable line.
The motors speed is regulated correctly at all times. Besides an excellent start-up torque, the motor features many other superior performance specifications including low wow and flutter of 0.035%. Also included are fine pitch controls. The platter is large and heavy, die-cast of aluminium and provided with four stroboscopic stripe patterns on the rim. Superior inertia characteristics keep the platter revolution silky smooth.
The revolving and moving parts of the SR-333 are designed for supreme long life. Sansui has used a new. super-hardened stainless steel spindle and a new bearing made of a special nylon compound containing molybdenum disulphide. Additionally, the surface of the bearing is finished with a special mirror finish technique that minimizes wear.
The tonearm improves on conventional models. The fulcrum point of the tonearm now has increased area and weight, and thus it is more securely positioned. This means it will resist any harmful vibration in the front-back or left-right directions, and respond positively only to the undulations in the record groove. The result is increased stability.
Other advantages include a tubular tonearm filled with a special acoustic absorbent, and the tonearm which is solidly mounted on a large, thick zinc die-cast base to prevent resonance. Also, the connector contacts of the universal headshell are gold-plated to prevent deterioration.
The elegant, ruggedly designed cabinet includes numerous anti-howling measures specially developed by Sansui for this turntable. The particleboard base fixed inside the cabinet increases the internal loss of vibration energy. There are also newly-developed complex-structure insulators that absorb any external vibration. The cabinet also comes complete with a removable, transparent dust cover with free-stop hinges.
All of this careful attention to detail contributes overall to the enhanced tonal quality of the SR-333 that is obvious when you play a record on it.
Type: two-speed, direct-drive manual turntable
Motor: 20-pole, 30-slot DC brushless
Drive system: direct drive spindle, electronically servo controlled
Platter: 318mm, 1.4kg, aluminium alloy diecast
Wow and flutter: less than 0.035%
Signal to noise ratio: better than 60dB
Rumble: better than 70dB
Fine speed adjustment: +-3.5%
Tonearm: statically balanced, s-shaped resonance free tonearm with two point pivot support
Effective length: 220mm
Offset angle: 24.5 degrees
Cartridge weight: 4 to 11g
Dimensions: 460 x 153 x 373mm
About the item for sale:-
The tt is in good cosmetic condition and perfect working condition. Speed is spot on and all controls work as intended. The previous owner has affixed a mirror on the tt base to facilitate stylus inspection, I have not made any efforts to remove that. I shall give a brand new headshell w/o cartridge with this tt.
INR 15,000/- + packing and shipping expenses.
Thanks for looking
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.