Sansui T 7 , is it worth ???

vikramdesigner

Hi Friends,

I m interested in vintage tuner and one of my colleague in US (US citizen) said that his neighbor is selling Sansui T 7 for $65 , and the shipping cost to india will be $60.

Total $65+ $60 = $125 ( Indian rupee comes around 7.7k)

So is it worth paying so much for Sansui T7 cos i dont have much information online regarding this tuner but he says it sounds good.

Another Sansui TU-217 cost around 15k including shipping. (Is it worth?)

Hi Vikram,

It may not be worth it since you can pick up a good Sansui/Kenwood/ Technics etc. tuner for about 4k to 6k INR right here. It would have been ok if you were just paying the base price, but since you would also be paying the postage the final price makes it prohibitive to get one from abroad. (By the way, you haven't factored the customs fees levied for imported electronics- 30% of cost price).

@VinlyShakti thanks for the reply :)

Oh i dint know about the customs, thanks for letting me know about this.

But where can i find in india? i live in bangalore. Do u know any seller from bangalore???

You can always check the 'For Sale by Owner' section of this forum or there is always a host of online sellers of used electronics. Just do a online search. All the best.

Hi vikram,

Used electronic devices attract anti dumping duty. Especially for devices like radios there are more restrictions.. If you search the forum you will find many such instances, people find it not worth paying all those taxes after item reached India. Though you find many tuners in quicker and other online sites, finding a good one will be bit difficult. If you are ready to wait, you can get the required ones through your friends who can carry it with them from US.
Regards,
Antony

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back