Satellite Speakers

agodhwani

Hi
I am looking for satellite speakers and have had a few auditions. The problem is , I hear mainly music thus I am more confused as some speakers sound better with different amps.
My budget is upto 1..5 lac including speaker and amp.
I had short listed Jamo a200, which I had heard with Denon x1000. I have earlier heard Bose and the 5.1 Acoustimass 15 Series III which should be around 85k is also under scrutiny.
I am not able to decide which one to go for and what other options like boston, Anthony Gallo and others should I go checkout before purchasing. The hall is around 250 sqft.

For mainly music,satellite is not good option but minimum Bookshelf.You have good budget,then Tower speakers with stereo amp will be much better option for music than AVR.

Tower speakers will take space and would like to avoid it. Book shelf or satellite. Why do so many people say to stay away from bose.

Tower speakers will take space and would like to avoid it. Book shelf or satellite. Why do so many people say to stay away from bose.
Because you better better options than those and they are not VFM. Bookshelf can be better then.Have you taken any Demo?

Jamo a200, yamaha , denon but found the jamo best among them.
Heard good about boston. How are wharfdale.

Bd player samsung or pioneer playing from nas. Where do I audition in mumbai and what brand should I concentrate on.

Hi agodhwani

I use a Pionner Blu Ray BDP LX 55 with Marantz NR 1402 and Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 speakers...been a year now..everything is perfect.....in the past 11 years used Pioneer, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon and even Denon....none of them sound any close to a Marantz who have been in existence over the past 50 years whose primary focus is Music....see the online reviews on performance etc on the internet...there are also threads on owners of Marantz on this forum....

The Marantz has a suite of music / gaming / movie modes, besides auto audyssey setup, there is bass treble settings along with 9 band adjustable EQ.....this is the hallmark feature not available with most competitive amps. Not forgetting the slim looks...The M-DAX feature helps to clean up MP3s to a larger extent making them sound as close as hearing a CD in best audio quality.

Big brands like Bose is expensive and to be honest, you don't get the same build quality and performance in Bose like you used to in the 90s......systems today are pathetic and overpriced!

The system works fine in an area of 200 sq ft.....The NR 1402 can handle towers easily and the B&W 600 series is a perfect match on this AVR.

The NR 1504 (with airplay) + Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 is available on HiFi Mart for 51k odd as a package. If you wish you can go for the boston bookshelf speakers.... try the A2310HTS package..... You may want to check the many dealers in Mumbai for a quick audition.. MZ Audio at Bandra (W) Mumbai has Marantz with Bostons which you can go and hear......there are also a lot of other dealers....

Here are Floor Stading speakers which will easily match and perform excellent with the Marantz NR 1504
Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding Speaker

Here are bookshelf speakers if you want to put bookshelfs around...

Boston Acoustics A 25 Speaker

Here is the centre speaker

Boston Acoustics A 225C Center Channel Loudspeaker

Here is the subwoofer
Boston Acoustics ASW 650 Subwoofer

I am sure the above speakers will rock your place and get your friends crazy...

Pioneer has been in the AVR business for long and their DVD or Blu Ray players really deliver the required clarity in audio and video....almost the same video card used by OPPO is being used in the BDP LX 55.....the Blu ray player easily reads 1 TB external harddisks without any issue.....the performance is awesome...I have used 2 HDMI cables...one for video and one for audio from the Blu ray player. This player plays all formats...(Universal).

Hope this helps....thumb rule for any system, read all reviews and take a decision..speaker wires do matter and make sure the right gauge of Oxygen Free Cable (OFC) is used......Music and Movie files need to be of good quality for effective experience..

@hemantwaghe but according to me , I had made it clear what I was looking for. What else should I put in.

No but what about the source - The BDP is BAD source and MP3 is degrade. so spend some money on source and music - or else speakers costing thrice your budget will sound crap!!

^ Got your point. Getting good quality audio/ wav / cd of my taste is not an issue. But playing it from nas is. Kindly suggest a player suitable for my need.

Marantz analog sound is much better.When compared digital section,I found Yamaha(DAC) better than marantz.Compared between Yamaha 667 and Marantz SR6006.

Hi agodhwani

Good Decision....time for you to go and audition some brands / models and shortlist the ones which appeal to you in terms of performance and budget....

All the best

Dumped the idea of buying satellite speakers. Moving on to book shelf.

If you are planning to keep the book shelf speakers on stands then better look out for Floor standers, since the floor area occupied by the base of speaker stands would be same as the area occupied by the base of floor standing speakers. Also for music a floor standing speaker always sounds better than any book shelf as the FS can play lower frequencies than BS. A good book shelf would require a good stand which would be heavy and area of base would be no less than a floor standing. Just my personal view :)

If would be mounted on wall then definitely no comparison as far as space saving is concerned.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back