Saving more money using Pennyful.in while shopping online

arnprasad

Hi,

Apart from coupons, another way to save money is using pennyful.in.

All of you have to do is register at Pennyful and then go to Amazon/Flipkart..etc.

In Amazon you get anywhere from 4 to 12%....people my team has tried and received actual cash. In my case i have bought few stuff from Amazon and I do see the credit in Pennyful...hope to see that converted to cash soon.:yahoo:

I have got a few mails from couponraja for discount coupons from various on line shopping portals. Is this any good?

I have got a few mails from couponraja for discount coupons from various on line shopping portals. Is this any good?

I think shopping sites like flipkart and amazon does not accept coupons apart from there regular gift coupons. Hence this penniful I think gives the option of accumulating points if purchased on these sites redirected from there site. These points can be encashed or sometimes instead of points they offer direct cash back.

The way it works per my team is:

(a) You buy as in the above post - i did this
(b) then you get a message saying that XXX amount is credited - I have this
(c) After 6-8 weeks they confirm that its ready for encashment - you give bank details and it gets credit - I have no experience in this:lol:

No harm trying this since the actual transaction happens on the sellers site only and hence i see no risk of losing credit card details..etc

Yes it does work..for example in Snapdeal, sometimes he gives 10% extra discount....in some situations you get it by default and in some situations i had to put the coupon code and get the discount.

But most of these coupons are valid for very specific set of products..and hence very rarely do we have '10% on all items' kind of coupons...hence before buying anything, definitely worth googling for coupons for that specific site

Also want to share my experience in todays world of amazons and flipkarts and airtels and citibanks...am sure all of you have experienced it..but just want to list it so that it might help few people

(1) if you ever over use your broad limit or say pay late- just make a call to airtel or vadafone or who ever and just request them and tell them it is your fault and they just reverse off the amount..I have done this dozens of times over past 10 years..works for airtel, vodafone, citibank creditcard, icici credit card......hence all we need to do is just call and beg/threaten..whatever works and even the call center guy has the powers to waive amounts off..

(2) When it comes to websites like Amazon and hoping same for indian equivalents..they too are very liberal..for example..everytime i buy on amazon US...I take prime membership to make shipping faster and cancel it within 10-15 days..there have been couple of times when i forgot to cancel within 30 days..but i remembered later..I apologized and they credit my entire amount back

(3) last month, there was a 60 dollar drop on the pioneer fs52 floor standers 10 days after i bought it on Amazon US..policy says within 7 days they refund the difference..i still persisted, first guy on chat refused...after one day i tried again and second guy this time as a one time favor..refunded 60 dollars..someone from their service center in Delhi!

(4) Three days same thing happened on Amazon India this time..I wanted to buy the Panasonic FZ200 camera..it was for 26,499..it was appiness day..so I was happy to pay that minus 10% for HDFC card..when i was about to order..app said it was part of lightening deal..however when i clicked it..couldnt find it on the deal..so I called their india call center..lady was very helpful and said on her screen it was on offer for 23,999. so i tried again and this time price went up to 27700..i anyways ordered i. as usual i sent emails, had a chat, called up their call center again.

Finally yesterday the guy on the phone said he will give me 23,999 minus 10% for HDFC card:yahoo: i am waiting for the refund.

Hence moral of the story is that in todays free market world..all we need to do is contact these folks and usually they hear us and do the needful....we save ourselves few hundreds/thousands in this process.

Unfortunately there is no pennyfull app..or else I would have got 4% extra off:mad: on 24K on the panasonic camera

Beware some of these "redirecting" sites are just scams who just publishes the standard e-tailer site discounts and is only there to get bonus from them by their redirection feature and mass spam your email boxes. Of course no harm trying and having first hand experience

i have also experience in these sites.Its called gopaisa ,but the problem is that they havent yet credited the amount.I placed order on 4 sep.bought goods for 1450 , it shows 145 rupees pending

i hope this is a good site :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HI All,

Continuing with my tirade against paying full price, you may have read the two pages wherein using Pennyful, one get anywhere from 1 to 10% additional discount over and above all the other offer the website is offering.

Now i have a slight tweak where we can get even more. As you may be aware, one can buy gift cards on Amazon. So pennyful has 3.33% cash back on gift cards. So if you are buying any high price item from Amazon, non only do you get the items discount from pennyful (example ..its 2.66% for mobiles), you also get the additional 3.33% for gift cards.

To see if this concept works or not, this week I brought a 64GB gold Iphone plus from Amazon for 66K. Here is what I did:

(1) Buy gift cards worth 66K from Amazon. Limit per gift card is 10K..so you have to buy 7 gift cards. Of course you have to logonto Amazon via Pennyful. Here you will get the promised gift card % which is 3.33% which is around 2K
(2) Then I logged onto Amazon again via pennyful and brought the Iphone using the gift cards . the mobile % is 2.66%..so around 1.8K

So in total by spending 15 mins doing all of the above, I saved 4K extra on my 66K iphone.

To prove all of the above is no fun and games but real, I can post image of the mail from Pennyful, provided someone shows me an easy way of posting photos on this forum. Last time I tried imageshack and all of that and didnt succeed.

Like in the previous post, there are other sites like gopaisa...etc where you can get similar discounts.

and of course dont forget to take massive discounts on dominos, cinema tickets...etc when u pay via mobikwik.....for example u get 25% off dominos if u pay via mobikwik.

Hoping to get many thanks from the forum members for this post as 5% additional from Amazon for electronics aint a small amount

I dont login to Hifivision on daily basis..so if any of u have any questions..u can PM me as i access my gmail on realtime basis..thx

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back