Schiit's New Record Player

It not only looks classy, the on the fly adjustments will address what many of us struggle with while setting up the TT.
Thanks for sharing

This might help reveal more.

Thanks for the video, Sachin.

This TT looks to be designed for the enthusiast user. Even platter height is adjustable! I love the azimuth adjustment using a weight on screw through the pivot body. Very clever. I wonder if the VTA adjustment is possible on the fly while playing? But on second thought, I would be scared to make on the fly adjustment as the unipivot is on such a razor's edge.

What is not so confidence inspiring is the carbon fibre tonearm. It looks really thin and seems to be low mass designed for high compliance cartridges only.

Thanks for the video, Sachin.

This TT looks to be designed for the enthusiast user. Even platter height is adjustable! I love the azimuth adjustment using a weight on screw through the pivot body. Very clever. I wonder if the VTA adjustment is possible on the fly while playing? But on second thought, I would be scared to make on the fly adjustment as the unipivot is on such a razor's edge.

What is not so confidence inspiring is the carbon fibre tonearm. It looks really thin and seems to be low mass designed for high compliance cartridges only.
What you said about the tonearm is exactly my worry!! And to top it, they are naming Denon’s DL-103r as a cart that can be used with it. I really am not sure how can that cart work well with a low mass arm. Din’t work for me.

Please take this positively. I love brand names and good aesthetics. It is the first introduction to a product. It gives sense of pride in ownership. .....But.... dont know if unexperienced and with little knowledge like me can critique a product. The video above at 1:19 shows platter wobble. At almost Rs. 60,000 I would not expect that. Platter wobble introduces low frequency modulation to original signal. Here is another video see the belt.... it slips.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is pic of td-124. precision centering inner rim is in process. How much was price of 124 in 1960s ? Almost same 60,000 of todays money.
alignment.jpg

Hope the minor things in this or any new audiophile product are rare and not spread across the whole batch.
Regards

What you said about the tonearm is exactly my worry!! And to top it, they are naming Denon’s DL-103r as a cart that can be used with it. I really am not sure how can that cart work well with a low mass arm. Din’t work for me.
The Dl103R does not work with the schiit mani either so thats a bad suggestion by them.

But the TT is a beauty and a 230V would be great for INdian/European fans. Since its a DC motor a Stepdown might not be a bad idea either.

Schiit Sol is a very interesting product and the setup video is very nice. The functionality of the unipivot tonearm is very similar to VPI JMW unipivot tonearm although due to cost cutting it is very flimsy. I think they have tried doing a lot of things for too little money and came up with a product which is not very robust. Basic stability of the table is maintained with lots of bolts at different places which are bound to become loose over time affecting the stability of the table. The table might good sound good for a while but I am not sure if that performance can be maintained over time.

Hi arj, then what are the carts which aptly suitable to Schiit Mani? Thanks, regards.
Any MM with a low compliance will do very well..Ive used a Das MM by thomas schick and that does a very good job

..Ive used a Das MM by thomas schick and that does a very good job
Arj is a connoisseur of high class audiophile electronics and has been trying and using unusual things and he always keen about the Source. :)

It looks really thin and seems to be low mass designed for high compliance cartridges only.

Could you elaborate on this, please? What do you mean by high compliance cartridge? Is this a mechanical specification?

On the arm tube, being carbon fiber, does this material exhibit more resistance or absorption of energy? I imagine the former.

The low mass aspect of a tone arm has not bothered me as much but that could be because my music listening requirements are more casual.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back