Search Search Search for the Perfect Stereo Setup

MADMAX

Hi All,

After some time now (2 months) I am deep into the world of search for a stereo setup (amp+bookshelf) What innocently started as an intent to review > shortlist> buy process has slowly become a passion.

I am glued on to the forum most of the time on my phone and pc trying to gather knowledge in my quest to buy a setup thats the best that I can afford.

MY SPECS

MUSIC ONLY
Budget: 50k- 60k
Source: CD player
Type of Music: Rock, Country

I started out by auditioning the Marantz 6004 and the Quad 11 L Classic and thought that the best that I could have. Until then I could not figure out what is the sort of sound that I liked. I started auditioning more and more and realized that I like detail and moderate bass.

Have zeroed down on 3 combos after a few auditions for a stereo setup.

Like all three in the order below

My preferred list

PSB B6 + NAD 326
Dali Ikon 2 + NAD 326
Marantz 6004+ quad 11 l classic

While I like all three above I have read a lot about the paradigm Mini monitor and Titan.
But havent got a chance to audition them as yet as the dealer in Delhi does not have them.
He only has a pair of Paradigm Special Edition Bookshelf @37 msrp

My questions are
1. Has anybody heard the Paradigm Special Edition BS? If yes do they compare to Titan and Mini Monitor?
2. Can anybody who owns a Paradigm Titan/Mini Monitor/Special Edition BS in NCR help me audition please? Would be delighted and grateful to hear them

If I cant hear the Paradigms then will have to go in for any one for the top three shortlisted choices.

Also please suggest me any other speakers that I should audition that are available in NCR? Dont want to have any regret after I have spent all my hard earned money.

Lastly, would want to thank all the members who actively help out guys like me selflessly with advice that money can't buy.:signthankspin:

Awaiting responses:beer:

The SE1 is a great speaker, but it is "audibly small" the sound-stage is smaller but nicely detailed and a little bright for my taste. If you have liked the PSB Image + NAD combo you are sure to like the SE 1 as well. So there are pluses and minuses to the SE1 against the Titan. If you have a largish room prefer the Titan, if you have a small room (e.g. 10x10) prefer the SE1.

I own the Titans and have recently acquired the Image B4s. While I prefer the Titans to the Image, Flash and sagarvikram who also heard both the combinations at my home preferred the Image. The B6 however is a seriously good speaker in its range, and if I were to buy a new speaker now, I would not hesitate to get the B6 any day.

Again at the end, listen to the SE1, Titan and B6 and let your ears take the call.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back