Searching for 16:9 format projector screen

sixthsense

Hi

I've exhausted all searches to get 16:9 aspect screen. Local dealers in Bangalore either do not have them or are quoting a lot again for not really a 16:9 screen.

I got quoted the following:

1. Liberty 6x8 4:3 (120" diagonal) motorized - 16k + vat
2. Liberty 10x6 16:9 motorized - 26k + vat
3. Liberty 10x6 16:9 manual pulldown - 16k + vat

All 1.5 gain which again i'm not sure of as the guy didn't look knowledgeable enough to me.

I searched ebay for some options and was happy to see a lot of projector screens sold. Here is what i could find to my liking :

1. INSTALOCK PROJECTOR SCREEN 150" WINGER - 14k + 1k shipping

The problem is that they have not specified any other details , so i go hunting for this make and found their website. Going through the specifications i found one of them to be perfect for my needs :

Winger diagonal 133" 116"x65" 16:9 aspect ratio. Now has anybody on the forum experience about this brand ? (some factory in haryana i suppose according to their website)

Also what other places in Bangalore i can call up and get a 16:9 format screen ? or should i drop the idea and get a 4:3 and open it half-way to get the 16:9 look ?

I'm confused, any help that would point me in the right direction would be appreciated. :)

Liberty has lower quality screens as well as higher quality screens of the same sizes. This means that there is a large variance within Liberty/Grandview's prices of screens of same size! So don't go by price quote alone. If someone else quotes lower price then it doesn't mean that you are going to get same screen for lower price. Ultimately you get what you pay for in quality.
I myself bought a good quality manual Liberty Grandview screen for 18K (all included). I am happy with my purchase.

Liberty has lower quality screens as well as higher quality screens of the same sizes. This means that there is a large variance within Liberty/Grandview's prices of screens of same size! So don't go by price quote alone. If someone else quotes lower price then it doesn't mean that you are going to get same screen for lower price. Ultimately you get what you pay for in quality.
I myself bought a good quality manual Liberty Grandview screen for 18K (all included). I am happy with my purchase.

This is of immense help . Aren't Liberty and Grandview 2 different brands ? I thought so after reading many posts on this forum.

In any case, thanks for the confirmation and guidance. I've the dealer coming with Liberty 10x8 and 8x6 both to my house today and i'll pick the one which suits my need :D . At least i know now that he is not ripping me off with the prices he quoted. I'll soon put up a post for the whole setup.

Aren't Liberty and Grandview 2 different brands ? I thought so after reading many posts on this forum.
I used to think the same. Grandview is a Chinese company and apparently Liberty is Indian. But it seems that the brands have now combined their business in India and are selling under the name "Liberty Grandview". While auditioning you will see that name imprinted on screen frame is "Liberty Grandview" and not just "Liberty". Apparently, their expensive screens come directly pre-packaged from China factory while lower price models are assembled here in India.

Last edited:
I used to think the same. Grandview is a Chinese company and apparently Liberty is Indian. But it seems that the brands have now combined their business in India and are selling under the name "Liberty Grandview". While auditioning you will see that name imprinted on screen frame is "Liberty Grandview" and not just "Liberty". Apparently, their expensive screens come directly pre-packaged from China factory while lower price models are assembled here in India.

Absolutely correct, the liberty screen i got came with a booklet and it says liberty grandview. Anyway i bought 10x8 screen and only pull down 6 feet for 16:9 ratio. Quite happy till now.

Absolutely correct, the liberty screen i got came with a booklet and it says liberty grandview. Anyway i bought 10x8 screen and only pull down 6 feet for 16:9 ratio. Quite happy till now.
Great! Please do post pics of your setup once you are done!

Even I am using 16:9 120" Liberty Grandview screen for last 2 years and quite happy with the performance.

You can contact
Mahesh Asher
Ved Info Systems Pvt Ltd
Plot No.8, Road No.1,
Janapriya Nagar, Miyapur,
Hyderabad
Andhra Pradesh
India

You can also check (Liberty Grandview)

Avitronics Projection Pvt Ltd
1-2-9, Raja Deen Dayal Compound, Sardar Patel Road, Secunderabad - 500003

Hi all, im from chennai and this is my first post here. Im in a real confusion in buying a screen. My options are:
1. Liberty grandview manual pull down
2. Liberty show/vega fixed frame
Both are quoted for similar price. I am confused to go with the expensive grandview pull down screen or inexpensive vega fixed frame. My budget is 20-30 k. I have a fan in my room.Its dedicated for projector.

Hi all, im from chennai and this is my first post here. Im in a real confusion in buying a screen. My options are:
Both are quoted for similar price. I am confused to go with the expensive grandview pull down screen or inexpensive vega fixed frame. My budget is 20-30 k. I have a fan in my room.Its dedicated for projector.

In general, Fixed screen price is always higher than manual pull down in the SAME BRAND. Clearly shows Fixed screen is higher class in its output. (Price is always based on output). If it is dedicated HT, go for fixed screen. (Only thing try to get some cover for the fixed screen to avoid dust formation over long run)

Considered Elite Screen?

Thank you for the replies. I am going with the fixed screen as if gives a feel of a theatre. I was quoted 22k for liberty vega screen in systech chennai. Any other dealer suggestions? Any other screen in this budget?

Contact Satguru Traders Goregaon Mumbai.. They are importers and Distributors. Projectorscreens.com

I'm in Bangalore too, looking to buy a 10x8feet manual screen. Let me have the picture of yours. Can I see it in person? if its OK for you, please PM your contact details. what price is it?

Can I buy from ebay? where swastik brand is quoted for 10k (10x8feet insta lock).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back