Seems like Samsung will launch QD-OLED in India this year

lightgamer

Got this email a few days agoIMG_3207.png

Also when clicking on the link it has option of OLED in what tv type you’re interested in.

So yeah, 99.99% certain Samsung is gonna launch S90C or S95C this year. S95C would be a perfect compliment for a living room TV to my A95K which is a great bedroom TV

Yes very likely they're launching since if you search for either the S90C or the S95C, you can see their support pages are already up with the model numbers. Looks like only 55inch and 65inch are being launched. Will need to wait till May 4th to know for sure though.
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.08.06 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.08.17 PM.png

I heard the Samsung treated the first model QD OLED as a stepchild compared to its Quantum dot mini LED flagship?

QD Oleds have burn in issues which is a very well know fact and LG has been pointing this out as a selling point to buy their new MLA over QD

QD Oleds have burn in issues which is a very well know fact and LG has been pointing this out as a selling point to buy their new MLA over QD
QD is said to be lesser prone to permanent image retention than the WOLED. But all in theory and not proven as it is a new technology. Heat sink is the difference i think. Even the Evo panels of WOLED has heat sink though. So it is a healthy competition among the two technologies.

Ok at the blink of an eye there is yet another innovation. "MLA" Panels!! With anti reflection, a perfect hall ambient light withstanding technology. Better than EVO WOLED panels? Now game on!! Samsung QD vs LG MLA. Tempting! I may go for one of these if my present TV gets repaired.

Still my LG CX in a dark room with its automatic brightness limiters may be best for my aging eyes. i am not able to keep up with such a sheer pace in technological updates over the last couple years. Is EVO going to be there in C3? My guess is only G3 gets that MLA technology.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back