Selecting Wharfedale surround and sub

sumit_4palz

I am in middle of finalizing 5.1 system that i am trying to build. Here is what i have decided so far

1. Yamaha AVR - RXV - 475 - 80 watts - Already Purchased
2. Tower - Wharfedale Diamond - 10.6 speakers
3. Centre - Wharfedale Diamond - 10 CS

Need help in selecting Surround and Sub.

Here are my options for Surround:
1. Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS - 100 RMS
2. Wharfedale Diamond - Big DFS - 200 RMS

Subwoofers
1. SW - 150 W RMS
2. SW - 250 W RMS

I need guidance on how to select Surround and Sub. Should my decision be based on room size, design?

My room size is 10 feet from tower to seating space, and it is L - Shaped in design. Here is the design of my living room.

2nsxgep.jpg

Last edited:
i would suggest you get the wall mountable
dipoles from warf

no stands required
also these wall mountable versions work well even when placed assymentrically

Wharf DFS are Bipoles speakers... Where did you find this Big DFS - 200 RMS speaker...Could you please share the link...

There was a older version speaker Wharf 9 DFS and the new series 10 DFS....

I think i am incorrect on noting down the Big DFS. Please ignore it.

Cool.. Not a prob...For the space you have, i think 10.6 FS might be huge.... Big FS near some good space from rear wall to perform to its best...

If you are short on space, consider BS speakers from diamond series... 10.1/10.2, easy for AVR to handle too...

Same way for center channel speaker too... Pick the smallest one from the series....

elangoas, i will certainly take your suggestion.

One of my concern is room is L shaped, due to which one of the surround speakers will diffuse sound in a direct in which i dont want. The surround speakers of Wharfedale i have selected are fixed on the wall they can not be angled. I feel fixed surround speakers can be a problem specifically in a L-shaped room. This is where i need help on.

Should i go for surround speakers which could be mounted in stand to angle them, or should i buy a bookshelf kind of surround speakers which can be angled?

-Sumit

elangoas, i will certainly take your suggestion.

One of my concern is room is L shaped, due to which one of the surround speakers will diffuse sound in a direct in which i dont want. The surround speakers of Wharfedale i have selected are fixed on the wall they can not be angled. I feel fixed surround speakers can be a problem specifically in a L-shaped room. This is where i need help on.

Should i go for surround speakers which could be mounted in stand to angle them, or should i buy a bookshelf kind of surround speakers which can be angled?

-Sumit

Understand your concerns buddy....

With little effort (DIY), you can fix this surround speaker on the wall...

I hope you would be aware of L Shaped angular brackets.. You can get them in any hardware shop.... They come in different sizes.... So with help of it you can fix your DFS speaker firmly, where you think it is required...

Back