Selection Of FS & BS & Surround From Whorfdale/Dali/Jamo/Focal/Klipch

rjg

Dear Forum Member...

Wishing you all The Best for Independence Day.
I am from Mumbai....

As I have been observing since few days,I must appreciate the effort all you
have been taking to make the forum perfect & full of information in All fields of Audio video.Thank you for your inputs.A person like me who is novice in Technical terms in field of Avr/speakers/Tv gets lots of knowledge from Forum like this & support from guys like you all....

I Want your help in sellecting right systum for my Home Theatre Setup...
For My bedroom Size 15' by 12'.

First, for speakers 5.1 Channels Avr :-(50% Movies & 50% Music-Classical vocal/Solo Instrumental /Western Symphony Orchestral Music).

Preferrence,For front FS & Centre and surround for rear.

For Avr 5.1 channel budget will be Rs 30k..From Denon X 1000/Yamaha Rxv 575/ or As suggested by you...I will be getting Avr From Dubai....So i will save some money.

Followings are few Speakers which i short listed,But you can add your suggestion.
My Budget for Speaker Package is 75K....(If I need to increase my budget than i will add surrond or sub after some times).

1)Whorfdale Diamond 10 Series 102 to 10.7 & 100 series 121/122/155/156/157.
2)Dali Zensor 1/5 & 7.
3)Paradigm Atom Monitor S 7 bs or any other Model ?
4)Jamo.. you may suggest ?
5)Pioneer FS sp-bs 52 package..
6)Polk Audio Tsi 100
7)Q Accoustic 2020I Series.

Please help me to select right Speakers within my budget.I will highly appreciate your expert inputs...

Thanking you...with Warm Regards....
Rajubhai

Last edited:
Hi
Waiting for expert opinion input please.....

Thanks
Rajubhai

Last edited:
Hi Everybody... Whats Wrong? No one has responded so far?
Pl input your suggestion which will help me in selecting best budget
Speakers for my 5.1 setup.

So please do the needful...

Regards
Rajubhai

Dear raju bhai,
at the out set let me appreciate some one being honest and clear with whats on mind....and before i say anything further...i too am a novice at the arena...well, it was strange not have heard from the experts..but i guess thats how we start...well at least..i did...its great knowledge...reading the posts....wish i could contribute....may be in sometime....till then...keep lookin...hunting
thanks...everyone 1:D

From your list of speakers, I've auditioned the Diamond 10, the Zensor and the Q Acoustics. I would go with the Q Acoustics.

The Diamond 10s sounded pretty ordinary in comparison to the Diamond 9s which I had at that point of time. The Zensor 5 has serious issues with low frequencies I thought. The bass was boomy and all over the place. And, the 7 would certainly need more power. The 2020i was extremely soothing. Haven't heard the 2050i though.

If you are hell bent on FS, a slightly more powerful AVR would be in order.

Dear Forum Member...

Wishing you all The Best for Independence Day.
I am from Mumbai....

As I have been observing since few days,I must appreciate the effort all you
have been taking to make the forum perfect & full of information in All fields of Audio video.Thank you for your inputs.A person like me who is novice in Technical terms in field of Avr/speakers/Tv gets lots of knowledge from Forum like this & support from guys like you all....

I Want your help in sellecting right systum for my Home Theatre Setup...
For My bedroom Size 15' by 12'.

First, for speakers 5.1 Channels Avr :-(50% Movies & 50% Music-Classical vocal/Solo Instrumental /Western Symphony Orchestral Music).

Preferrence,For front FS & Centre and surround for rear.

For Avr 5.1 channel budget will be Rs 30k..From Denon X 1000/Yamaha Rxv 575/ or As suggested by you...I will be getting Avr From Dubai....So i will save some money.

Followings are few Speakers which i short listed,But you can add your suggestion.
My Budget for Speaker Package is 75K....(If I need to increase my budget than i will add surrond or sub after some times).

1)Whorfdale Diamond 10 Series 102 to 10.7 & 100 series 121/122/155/156/157.
2)Dali Zensor 1/5 & 7.
3)Paradigm Atom Monitor S 7 bs or any other Model ?
4)Jamo.. you may suggest ?
5)Pioneer FS sp-bs 52 package..
6)Polk Audio Tsi 100
7)Q Accoustic 2020I Series.

Please help me to select right Speakers within my budget.I will highly appreciate your expert inputs...

Thanking you...with Warm Regards....
Rajubhai
Is this a list of Speaker Companies / models available in Mumbai or is it a shortlist:)

Dear Jagdish P...
List of Speakers Short listed from this forum Threads....

I took Demo of Dali Zensor 5- 5.1 pkg & Monitor audio MR 4 -Series...
Re Zensor they gave me demo of full 5.1.set.. but for Monitor Audio i just able to take demo of FS(Which i found good) & older model of surround which is discontinued and there was no centre Speaker available for the same series..so it is not possible to judge quality of entire pkg...
Zensor 5 series was quoted After discount Rs.1,10,000/- &
MR 4 series was quoted after discount Rs. 90,000/-(This pkg is offered by Banglore dealer at Rs.78,000/ But Mumbai dealer first quoted Rs.1,10000/-than came down to 90,000/- which is still higher side & Also they don't want to give bill but warrenty will be there... According to both dealers, this pkg is most value for money but they Finds Zensor 5 little better)

Honestly in my opinion, I also like Zensor 5 little better over MR 4 but i am confused that price difference of Rs 20,000/- is that realy worth between this two?

Zensor 5 Pkg Awarded Best Traditional 5.1 setup of 2012 by ''Whathifi''under Uk 1500/- pound Price category...

Whorfdale diamond series new 121/122/155/157/ is expected 1/09/2013.

Unable to find Q.Accoustic/Pioneer/Jamo/Kef/ for demo?

Waiting for suggestion/input from expert and senior FM...

I have received information that There will be price increase in comming 15 days from all speakers dealers because of dollar problem? if it is true than i will have to take fast decission...otherwise i will have to pay more....

So i request you all pl help.....

Thank You All
Rajubhai

Last edited:
No need to buy surrounds of same make and series as the fronts. Look at cheaper solution from other brands.

The Zensor 5 and Zensor Vokal was priced at around 30k and 17k a few months back.

Dear Shuv
Thank you for Price, but today Zensor 5 FS MRP is Rs.45,900/- per pair and Centre Vocal is Rs.18,000/-.Sub E 12F is Rs.45,000/- & For surround Zensor 1
BS Rs.19,800/.Total 1,27,700/-This is for your information only.

Rajubhai

Dali Zensor are highly rated and a good choice.

You do get a price range from below 50 K to over 3 to 4 lacs depending on the Make.So be guided by what you like and not by price alone. But you should audition as many speakers as possible before taking a final call.Also it is essential to have the same series for the two fronts and Centre.

Check out the following:

1) For Dali Zensor - Contact Arun Vig ,4, Malhotra House, 1st. Floor, Opp. G.P.O (General Post Office) 022 4023 6280,09769 454501
2) PSB - http://www.lakozyelectronics.com/
3) Tannoy and Aviano -- Alliance 4 AV
4) KEF-- Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

I am not aware of dealers for other makes. Other FMs please pitch in.

hank You Jagdish p
I have already taken demo of Dali Zensor 5 & Monitor Audio MR 4... from Arun Vig of Imperial Sound opp VT station Malhotra house...

They have advice me to go for Monitor Audio MR 4 pkg according to them its best value for money which is For 90,000 & Rs 25000/ less expensive than Dali
but I like Dali little more better...
But MY question is, its worth paying more Rs 25,000/ for Dali Zensor 5 pkg?

Also suggestion recieved for Paradigm Monitor 7 & Whorfdale Diamond 156/7/8
So it is realy difficult for me to take decission & choose right pkg System...
Trying to find reasonably value for money system...

Thank you all FM for all their advice n input so far...Still matter is not ended...

Rajubhai

Last edited:
QAcoustics 2020i is a very good package. You can audition them at The AUdio Shop, Andheri West, Opp DN Nagar Police station. Dali Zensor 5.1 is also a very good package. Extend yr budget a bit and go for the Dali Zensor. QA s is equally good but with Dali FS will be better compared to the QA Bokshelv 5.1 package

Hi dear yahoo

I have already demo Zensor 5 5.1 and i am realy happy with that...
I will go only for fs for front and bs for surrond with centre and not small Tiny sattelite 5.1speaker...
Pl read my Thead you will get idea what i am looking for...

Thank you for suggestion

Rajubhai

Hi...
Thank you Shuv..Jagdishp...Yahoo o212...& other forum Member... For
helping me in sellection of my 5.1 setup.with you expert guidence...

Today I Booked Zensor (5.1 pkg) 7 Pair FS +Zensor 1 for surround +
centre Vokal + Subwoofer E12F With Denon Avr X-1000 For RS.1,51,000/-(MRP Rs.1,79,600/-)With Bill/Warrenty Included Instalation here in Mumbai....

Delivry Wed 28/08/2013...

Regards
Rajubhai.....

Thank you Shuv..Jagdishp...Yahoo o212...& other forum Member... For
helping me in sellection of my 5.1 setup.with you expert guidence...

Today Wed 28/08/2013 I recieved delivery of Zensor (5.1 pkg) 7 Pair FS +Zensor 1 for surround +centre Vokal + Subwoofer E12F With Denon Avr X-1000 For MRP Rs.1,79,600/ With Bill/Warrenty Included Instalation here in Mumbai....

Regards
Rajubhai.....

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back