seprate output for audio and video.... experts plz help

akshya1979kumar

Hi
I got an old receiver which can decode DTS true HD but its not 4k. Have a projector installed which is 4k. So when i am playing 4k movies the receiver automatically downgrades 4k to 1080p.
i was thinking of getting a HTPC from which i can have separate output for projector in 4k through HDMI and audio output in true HD through separate HDMI.. is this really possible if yes please suggest me HTPC build.. my budget for HTPC is around 80k. If above said is possible then i think its better to spend 80k on HTPC rather than to spend 1.5 on receiver
thanks

akshya- One option would be to get a source that has two HDMI out ports, one of which would support sending hd audio either bitstream or uncompressed LPCM. All Oppo players support this feature.
BTW what is your source?
Thanks.

Hi
I got an old receiver which can decode DTS true HD but its not 4k. Have a projector installed which is 4k. So when i am playing 4k movies the receiver automatically downgrades 4k to 1080p.
i was thinking of getting a HTPC from which i can have separate output for projector in 4k through HDMI and audio output in true HD through separate HDMI.. is this really possible if yes please suggest me HTPC build.. my budget for HTPC is around 80k. If above said is possible then i think its better to spend 80k on HTPC rather than to spend 1.5 on receiver
thanks
Perhaps you need a dual hdmi graphics card with 2 hdmi out puts, that can render 4k on one monitor and 1080 on the other.

Can i use separate audio and graphic cards both will have HDMI output... my only concern whether it sovle my problem that is separate video output to projector and audio output to receiver.... and will there be any audio delay

I am using android box cubetek 4k.

If your Android TV box has S/PDIF output (or) Optical out, and if you are fine to receive DTS / Dolby (lossy signals) to your AVR, then you may connect the Android TV box HDMI output to projector directly and the digital out to AVR resp..

If your Android TV box has S/PDIF output (or) Optical out, and if you are fine to receive DTS / Dolby (lossy signals) to your AVR, then you may connect the Android TV box HDMI output to projector directly and the digital out to AVR resp..
yes i have done it already but But for True hd i will need hdmi output

yes i have done it already but But for True hd i will need hdmi output

Ok.. If you don't want to spend any more, you can live with lossy DTS signals with your AVR.. It can be hard to distinguish DTS / DTS-MA unless & until you read that on your AVR display..

my budget for HTPC is around 80k.

For that budget, you can get a new AVR.. It should pass thru 4K to your projector..

... separate output for projector in 4k through HDMI and audio output in true HD...

71g1BDJTf7L._SL1500_.jpg

J-Tech Digital 4K 60HZ HDMI Audio Extractor

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back