Servicing dead Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver

sanjeevji

I live at Indore and have Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver which has gone dead. I contacted Onkyo and they want it to be shipped to New Delhi for repairs. I enquired with Blue Dart - Shipping cost will be 5000/- one way. What is the way out?

Onkyo service has told that they would take 1 week to repair. With this incidence, the risk of purchasing expensive gadgets without local service option is evident. I had purchased the receiver and speaker set from EZone and at time they had told me that full service and support would be available. Now their is no ezone store at Indore!

5000 for shipping appears excessive. Onkyo should be able to repair it-they have access to parts, and my experience with them on two past occasions( for repairs) has been good.

Bluedart is expensive. Try DTDC. I used dtdc for sending my Denon avr to Chennai. Cost rs.100 per kg.

Could you please explain what you meant by 'it has gone dead'? If the AVR is not powering on after you press the on-off switch, it could be a very minor fault, something, which a local electronic guy at your city might be able to rectify in no time.

Have you shown it to someone, as yet?

Some road routes can be cheaper like Gati.
Gati - A Pioneer in Express Distribution and Supply Chain service provider
Mumbai service center in Kalina is good.I met Mr.Ajay for some reason and found he does most of repairing/changing boards easily.At least he guides correctly.Try contacting him too.

Onkyo , Santacruz East , Mumbai
Phone: (022) 26650141, (022) 26653525
Address: Ground Floor, Elegance Apartments, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai- 400098, Maharashtra
Landmark: Opposite Corporation Bank

Thanks to everyone.
I have shipped the receiver to Onkyo Delhi from Gati. They charged Rs 690/- which is quite reasonable.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back