Setting up my HiFi

an_and

Hi All, in the process of moving into a new home. The hall / living room is divided into two parts the living area being around 19 feet by 14 feet and the dining 10x10. In the living area the actual area available (excluding passage) is close to 14x14.

I have decided to get a good av setup in this room. Would like to keep budget to a minimum but right now it seems that i am looking at something close to 3 Lacs.

TV
- LG LM6700 - 55" Has a combo offer of HT806 Home theater (some puny floor/wall mounting speakers and a Blue ray player + 8 glasses- cost:- 135000

- Panasonic ST50 Plasma 50" - 100K

- Sony HX750 LED 55" - 150K

I am fixated on having a min. size of 50" and kind of biased towards LG as sony seems to be too expensive though the 3d quality is awesome, and plasma is a no only because of heavy power consumption and pq vise LG seems OK though nowhere close to Sony.

AV Setup NOTE: There is no provision for floor mounted speakers.

- Marantz 6007 or 6006 - between 59K to 64 K as per hifimart.
- RTI A3 - for the front
- CSi A4 - for the center channel
- OWM3 two pairs for the surrounds
- Either a sonodyne or a polks woofer.

Or is it ok that I stick with the first three lines and buy the BA XS hometheater 5.1 system and use it for woofer and surrounds

While that is option one and the only one that i like, need suggestions on if you think that this is a good setup to go for, or if the reciever is an overkill then which other good options are there.

I am no audiophile and i find that what i hear at audition definitely does not sound the same way at home. So I feel it better to go with the experts judgement here and since I am not a serious audiophile it will not make that great a difference to me if it is a notch or two above or below the mark.

I will move into my place by feb end and I need to buy by jan end.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back