Shaitan - First movie to be shown free online even before TV !!!

sud98

Shaitan - which is a Anurag kashyap production is available online with Youtube boxoffice and Yahoo's movieplex service.

I think this is a first -for a movie to come online before DTH/TV.

Only free in India :))

great info...thanks...but the moment i logged in to you tube box office the first thing that came up was "pyaar ka punch nama" which i find is one of the cult movies of our time...great find.

cheers

It is a great step towards watching movies in digital format.

It seem the years are numbered where movies will drop considerably in hard format in form of a blue ray disc etc while DVD is nearly at it's death bed nearing to go on a ventilator and since long VCD's are on a ventilator support.

V.

dont agree. i saw pyaar ka punchanama before shaitan and the same has not come on tv before.

or is it just because, these 2 movies are adult content compared to Bollywood standards

may be not many takers to buy them for TV rights, u need to edit most for family viewing which doesn't make sense.

so have them online instead.

these 2 movies are not great commercial successes and don't think they will be successful on DVD. If i notice, there are no bluray versions for these 2 movies, shows the market demand.

having said that, loved these 2 movies and watched them multiple times.

but sadly these don't succeed commercially in India, due to vast majority preferring singam, ready, bodyguard and likes :)

Last edited:
or is it just because, these 2 movies are adult content compared to Bollywood standards

may be not many takers to buy them for TV rights, u need to edit most for family viewing which doesn't make sense.

so have them online instead.

these 2 movies are not great commercial successes and don't think they will be successful on DVD. If i notice, there are no bluray versions for these 2 movies, shows the market demand.

having said that, loved these 2 movies and watched them multiple times.

but sadly these don't succeed commercially in India, due to vast majority preferring singam, ready, bodyguard and likes :)

very much correctly to the point. sadly i know how this works thats why i didnt comment more

i find the quality of youtube good and DVD level.

the quality of yahoo is pathetic, VCD level

these site are best for people who watch movies on their laptops

a big no no for Home Theatre viewers

nothing to be excited about

i find the quality of youtube good and DVD level.

the quality of yahoo is pathetic, VCD level

these site are best for people who watch movies on their laptops

a big no no for Home Theatre viewers

nothing to be excited about

big no for even media players connected to HT. the quality goes down. ipad is a good place to watch them without any pixalation

In India Content delivery by online vs DVD/Bluray is long way

We are culturally not yet there, i mean, how many of the indian population are tech savvy to stream their movies?

- except metros the rest have limited bandwidth to stream HD Movies :)

until we have Netflix and iTunes equivalent in india
- where u can rent HD movies with DTS/Dolby Digital
- where u can download legal HD movies with DTS/Dolby Digital

people have no choice but to buy DVD/Bluray

i wish i was in USA as you can get unlimited HD movies in netflix for $10 (Rs 500)
thats a steal in indian level, for US guys its peanuts

Last edited:

We are culturally not yet there, i mean, how many of the indian population are tech savvy to stream their movies?

except we have Netflix and iTunes equivalent in india

i wish i was in USA as you can get unlimited HD movies in netflix for $10 (Rs 500)

agreed we are far behind but Reliance still gives u this option to a certain level but wheres the boradband to show u un teetered movies

until we have Netflix and iTunes equivalent in india

So,you want to be in US just to rent movies :sad:
I want to be in US so that I have good girlfriends :lol:
BTW: as piracy is too rampant in India and even after a day of movie release it's print are out in market.
So,production companies have no option but to offer movies online along with DVDs so that there are more buyer's buying legally.
Also as I am member of some forum where people(from USA) have complained that streamed video quality is not upto the mark(eg when viewing on HD tablet)

P.S.
We share some things with US ,example. they have sometimes call drops and sometimes cap on downloading.There is too much complaints about cellular networks
Companies make claim that some update will come which never comes or comes too late.
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence(hope not valid for girlfriends).

Last edited:
Same logic holds for girl friends :)

Girls are same here or in USA

If u couldn't have one here, not atleast one till now

There is high probability that u won't have one even if u go there

Girls are as easy or as difficult in both USA and india

Grass is greener on other side

This is really nice collection.Actually i am looking for good print and this is really good thanx for it..

Streaming Movies require very high bandwidth Internet Connection which our Country is lacking......so it will take a long time to deliver content online in India......Its Bluray and DVD that will rule most developing nation in the coming years.........but the ultimate is online entertainment.......

i agree with you but honestly i am enjoying watching it over my ipad with 3g connection. thats much better without any delays. have been watching one movie almost everyday. atleast its better then downloading and creating piracy

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back