Shankar Tucker and Gang

amitkeerti

The song starts with shankar tucker's clarinet and immidiately shifts to Rohan Kymal's vocals.
The song is split into 2 parts.

part 1 is rahat fateh ali khan's O' Re Piya
part 2 is Adele's Rolling in the deep.

The softness of O' Re Piya contrasts very well with Rolling in the deep. All in all an amazing song.

There are diction issues like hosala , yahan. But who is bothered ?
I got totally involved in the song.

You can watch the song at:
"O Re Piya / Rolling in the Deep" - Shankar Tucker ft. Rohan Kymal, Brendan Susens-Jackson - YouTube

The show is being run by Shakar Tucker. The website seems to get updated atleast once a month.
Shankar can play the clarinet, Tabla, Kanjira and the Guitar with equal ease.

Few of us have already listed the below songs and loved them:

Nee Nenaindal
"Nee Nenaindal" ft. Vidya and Vandana Iyer - Shankar Tucker - YouTube

Munbe Va
"Munbe Va" (A.R. Rahman cover) ft. Iyer Sisters - Shankar Tucker - YouTube

Guru Brahma
"Guru Brahma" ft. Mahesh Vinayakram, Sree Sundarkumar, Puneet Gabriel, Shankar Tucker - YouTube

Shankar Tucker's website gets updated regularly (once or twice a month). So i am waiting for the next song.
The recording quality is good and all the songs deserve repeats.

(A post on Shankar Tucker was already present in one more thread called carnatic and Jazz. I felt we should have a separate thread which specifically tracks shankar tucker and gang)

Last edited:
Instrumental composition on calrinet and Tabla.
Clarinet: Shankar Tucker
Tabla: Amit Mishra
Song: Night Mansoon
"Night Monsoon" - Shankar Tucker, Amit Mishra - YouTube

Another Instrumental Track:
Shankar Tucker and Akshaya Tucker
Song: O' Saya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nutLbT-lN7k

Sonu By Shankar Tucker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRR-yc7_g8

Moments and Centers
This is an individual performance of shankar tucker on various instruments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5gvwQRl-Y

Song Lemongrass
Artist: Shankar Tucker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYw3wP_DYG0

Vocals Nirali Kartik
Clarinet : Shankar Tucker
Table: Amit Mishra
"Ja Ja Re" ft. Nirali Kartik, Amit Mishra - Shankar Tucker - YouTube

Last edited:
Man... this is the kind of stuff that the gang at Coke & MTV studio's in India should have been seeking out and recording...

I hope somebody there gets their heads out of their a7se and looks into things....

this gang here, a band called advaita and i'm sure many many more can comprise Coke studio's India, instead of the stale, putrid sh1t that the guys dished out.

It has the typical Made (very poorly) in India stamp.

Kudos to mister Shanker Tucker & Gang though!

Amazing links amitkeerti.

I found "Munbe Vaa" better than the original OST. I just downloaded in 1080p for repeated listen.

Last edited:
I liked the music and songs here, and I am wondering if I can get them in CD format , so I can listen to them on my good stereo system rather than PC .
Any CD out yet from Shankar Tucker ?

I chanced upon his channel couple of months back. Having listened only to a bunch of singers and music composers both in regional and hindi film music..I have always wondered if talent only resides in a handful of people.

When I heard these relative newcomers - well they are no less than the established singers.

Also I would prefer a unknown singer singing well in high definition than a well known singer averagely in standard definition.

Still need to figure how to download all his videos in one go in HD. till then downloading one by one.

God bless him and everyone else at the:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:Shrutibox

any smart ways to download HD videos from youtube? initially I used to type Save to the url and it works sometimes and sometimes it wont..today it saved and other times it would break midways with a network error. than I have the youtubedownloader and today it too doesnt seem to like downloading. Then I googled and found freeyoutubedownloader which seems to be a cousin or a updated version of youtubedownloader - well it downloaded two and now it too is having issues. Not sure if my connection has any issues. I know earlier if we had real player you could do a right click on youtube and download..wont work now

Any other smart ideas please?

Last edited:
any smart ways to download HD videos from youtube?
Any other smart ideas please?

Though not smart, have you tried firefox download plugin aka add-ons. I use them to download youtube videos in different formats and resolution.

Few good addons are

Download Helper

East Youtube Video Downloader

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back