Share your denon x1200w,x2200w ,x4200w dtsx experience

sachin.shiva

Hi,
Denon x1200w,x2200w ,x4200w,x7200wa owners .
Can you please share your experiences with DTS-X and normal 5.1,7.1 & atmos experiences with same movie tracks ?

If anyone has AURO-3D set up PLZ share your experience.

Plz update your experience as it will help others to choose better avr.

also is there any significant difference between denonx2200w and denon x4200w apart from watts and auro 3d? I mean has any one compared ,auditioned dts-x ,dolby atmos on denon x2200w & x4200w ?
is denon x4200w is worth over x2200w apart from auro 3d and extra watts?

Please,share your inputs .
thanks.

Hi,
Denon x1200w,x2200w ,x4200w,x7200wa owners .
Can you please share your experiences with DTS-X and normal 5.1,7.1 & atmos experiences with same movie tracks ?

If anyone has AURO-3D set up PLZ share your experience.

Plz update your experience as it will help others to choose better avr.

also is there any significant difference between denonx2200w and denon x4200w apart from watts and auro 3d? I mean has any one compared ,auditioned dts-x ,dolby atmos on denon x2200w & x4200w ?
is denon x4200w is worth over x2200w apart from auro 3d and extra watts?

Please,share your inputs .
thanks.
Definitely x4200 is better than X 2200.Though Im using x2200 but not heard x 4200.Apart from power difference ,The Audyssey room calibration will be better in 4200 coz it's having Multi Eq XT 32 whereas 2200 have only Multi EQ only. Also in X 4200 by adding extra amp you can make it to 9.2 (if required).whereas it is not possible in x2200.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I'm yet to install my front heights . Planning soon.Once after its installation I can able to comment on that.

Hi,
It is my personal view,all original bluray movies with dts x were used after 8 times calibration of speakers.
what to say.not happy by performance of denon x4200w .It sounds like Hospital food.
My denon 3312 was excellent,muscular,najuk,Tiger and so on.used to work in 9.1 mode .for denon x4200w if I connect heights ,surround back are not working.it needs add amp for 9.1 mode .For doubble cost of denon 3312 ,x4200w is nowhere .
After shifting to denonx4200w,situation is like On specs and reviews it is Like actress or actor with all imagination of viewer with all powers and dream list.In performance ,it is like after removing make how heroine looks naturally or how hero uses body doubles like that.
Only plus is dts x in music mode,surrounds are slightly better but no life in sound .
Dialogues are not clear ,punch is missing from bass ,Looks like Denon has lost its muscularity & softness . Price is for 1200cc engine ,but performance is not even 800cc engine.
Not having interest to try in Atmos mode
personal view is denon 33,23 & 4310 series are far superior than x series .
Please ignore grammar & spelling mistakes.Not in mood to write further.

Hi

If you are more into music than movies...between a Denon and Marantz you need to go for a Marantz....difference is superior built quality and components used.....better punch in all models .....irony is that both are made by the same company...D & M Holdings...

Not heard 3312 .May be when 3000 series are in market 4000 serves is the flagship of ,Denon.But now they have moved to 7200 series as flagship. So imagine their marketing techniques . It's my view and guess.

There is no need to feel so low so early. A top of the line product like the x4xxx should certainly not disappoint you. I suspect there is something wrong with settings etc. I would check the following
1. Do not run the auto equalization/room correction. Just run in the direct mode, see how it sounds.
2. Check the Dynamic Range (night mode). Dynamic range should be set to full
3. Check subwoofer eq.
4. Check if eco mode is on.
You should tweak various things to get the system right. Also it may be best to use a demo disc. I use THX demo blu ray and Dolby sound of HD blu ray to tweak my systems.

Hi,
It is my personal view,all original bluray movies with dts x were used after 8 times calibration of speakers.
what to say.not happy by performance of denon x4200w .It sounds like Hospital food.

Hmm.. Something wrong with settings...

My denon 3312 was excellent,muscular,najuk,Tiger and so on.used to work in 9.1 mode .for denon x4200w if I connect heights ,surround back are not working.it needs add amp for 9.1 mode.

Right.. Being a 7.2 AVR, that is a limitation and flexibility.. Did you check the manual on what layout are possible ?

3312 is also 7.2 AVR, how did you use 9.1 mode? extra power amp ?

For doubble cost of denon 3312 ,x4200w is nowhere .
After shifting to denonx4200w,situation is like On specs and reviews it is Like actress or actor with all imagination of viewer with all powers and dream list.In performance ,it is like after removing make how heroine looks naturally or how hero uses body doubles like that.
Only plus is dts x in music mode,surrounds are slightly better but no life in sound .
Dialogues are not clear ,punch is missing from bass ,Looks like Denon has lost its muscularity & softness . Price is for 1200cc engine ,but performance is not even 800cc engine.
Not having interest to try in Atmos mode

Same as above.. something wrong.. What are your speakers? share your settings...

personal view is denon 33,23 & 4310 series are far superior than x series.

Oops.. I haven't heard any of the Denon 33,23 and 4310 series.. But have used an AVR with Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 for good time..

No disrespect meant to any of the AVR models that you have listed, the brilliance of Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 in x4000 series alone can put other to shade very easily...

Last edited:
@ elangos 9.1 is typo mistake from my side .I mean surround back & heights were working without external amp in denon3312 ,now if you select dtshd+ heights,then surround backs are not working for denon x4200w .

@ elangos 9.1 is typo mistake from my side .I mean surround back & heights were working without external amp in denon3312 ,now if you select dtshd+ heights,then surround backs are not working for denon x4200w .
Have u updated the DTS X firmware.the heights will work with DTS Neural X and also with Dolby surround.

Hi Good Morning all,
Can somebody please share link/video regarding, how to add external 2 channel amp to denon x4200w receiver ?
Please share link /video of such set up.
thanks

Hi Good Morning all,
Can somebody please share link/video regarding, how to add external 2 channel amp to denon x4200w receiver ?
Please share link /video of such set up.
thanks

Think Denon x4200W has 13.2 pre-outs. But only 9.2 is supported with additional 2 channel amplifier..Whichever location you decide to add speakers, connect the pre-outs of that location from AVR to 2 channel power amplifier..

Hope i was clear..

HI,
In order to run Denon x4200w in 7.1.2 mode ,kindly suggest suitable 2 channel power amplifier to pair with denon x4200w .
denon specs are 125w @ 8ohm(20-20khz).
Thanks,
shiv

Dear FM, I have listened Denon X4200 with Elac Debut F5/F6 and Tannoy Mercury v7. It sounds mr fantastic with typically Denon sound weighty low-end with Punch and Power. You require to experiment more with your AVR and speakers to bring best out of combo. Last thing if you are crossing a mark of 100k for AVR, then definitely I will suggest FM that before buying anything please audition Anthem MRX AVR first and decide.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back