Shared HD-DTH connection

Santy

I saw an advt of Videocon addressed to society secretaries. They were offering 30% discount on new HD STB for shared connections (ie one antenna, multiple STBs). It helps to remove the clutter on the terrace and helps save cost too, for the residents. A good idea. But does the PQ take a beating in such setups? Do they have any special antenna or a signal booster sort of thing?

Just curious to know, no plans to talk to my society about this :)

I saw an advt of Videocon addressed to society secretaries. They were offering 30% discount on new HD STB for shared connections (ie one antenna, multiple STBs). It helps to remove the clutter on the terrace and helps save cost too, for the residents. A good idea. But does the PQ take a beating in such setups? Do they have any special antenna or a signal booster sort of thing?

Just curious to know, no plans to talk to my society about this :)

My guess is it would be with better LNB(s?) which is capable of multiple connections.
I have recently upgraded to Tata sky HD plus and the Dish and LNB were replaced with bigger and newer one which had multiple inputs.

Last edited:
As I am staying in a apartment building where Tata Sky is installed in the same way. I think they use some sort of booster or etc but the signal strength and signal quality is 100% so no issues on that account. Our society only allows dishes on the balcony and as I do not have access to a balcony which points south so I have limited options for DTH.

In my building we have a 4 feet wide Tata dish, which is connected to a MDU (signal amplifier ) and signals are distrubuted same like cable tv.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back