Sharp LCD/LED

pkr

Folks,

I am looking for an LCD/LED option to supplement my 51" Plasma. The TV will be in the smaller living room and will be connected to PC and the cable TV.

I saw some good Sharp LCD options that were cheaper than Samsung/LGs.

I searched the forum; however, didn't see much reviews of Sharp products.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
PKR

Folks,

I am looking for an LCD/LED option to supplement my 51" Plasma. The TV will be in the smaller living room and will be connected to PC and the cable TV.

I saw some good Sharp LCD options that were cheaper than Samsung/LGs.

I searched the forum; however, didn't see much reviews of Sharp products.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
PKR

I personally feel Sharp products are of better quality standards compared to the rest of the lot (Sony, Samsung, LG etc.) as they do not spend much on advertisement. Hence you get your money worth for their products. Others spend so much on advertisement that they do not have anything left to spend on the products and hence will compromise on quality.

my two cents.

+ 1 to above
Black level of high end Panasonic Plasma is beaten by only Sharp LED. No doubt Sharp is good but also check their service quality.

I haven't seen much reviews of their service.

What I found in the showroom was that they have "1+2 years warranty" sticker affixed to them. No one else is giving 3 year warranty on any non-Plasma, I guess.

I have a Sharp refrigerator, and touchwood, no problems so far.

No doubt about the picture quality, but their sales and service network is not up to the mark like other brands. Just a caution. :)

Sharp is indeed a good brand their products are worth getting too. They are cheaper than brands like LG, Samsung because they are lesser known when it gets compared with these giants.

I haven't seen much reviews of their service.

What I found in the showroom was that they have "1+2 years warranty" sticker affixed to them. No one else is giving 3 year warranty on any non-Plasma, I guess.

I have a Sharp refrigerator, and touchwood, no problems so far.

I too am using a sharp refrigerator since past 2.5years and no problems so far. Also other friends have similar experiences with sharp products and hence they are giving 1+ 2 years of warranty because of their confidence.

@Kittu, true. I haven't seen much of them last year. This year, at least one major showroom in Kochi is showcasing Sharp. May be they are prepping them up :)

After the experiences I had with my Samsung (My 51D550 died. Fortunately under warranty; Still waiting for the replacement), I think I may be OK with any brand :)

Folks, I bought a Sharp 40" LCD - 40M550M. Got it installed yesterday late evening. Will post observations later.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and thoughts.

37K Net. 3 year warranty (offer till Sept).

The largest CCFL LCD they had was this one. All the larger ones are LED LCD. Since I was not looking for larger size, didn't enquire the price for them (except for the 60" which he said they sold for ~2L).

+ 1 to above
Black level of high end Panasonic Plasma is beaten by only Sharp LED. No doubt Sharp is good but also check their service quality.

Hello
I am looking to buy a 42 inch Plasma / LED. Can you suggest some good Sharp models I can look for ? I like Panasonic St50 but it looks out of my budget as of now...so looking for some other options..

Thanks.

Panasonic xt 50 may be a good option. You should be able get it for 46k. Comparable LED s will cost above 50k.

+ 1 to above

The Sharp LED that you are talking about costs $6000 and is not available in India.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Hello
I am looking to buy a 42 inch Plasma / LED. Can you suggest some good Sharp models I can look for ? I like Panasonic St50 but it looks out of my budget as of now...so looking for some other options..

Thanks.

You could look at 42UT50 also.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

@pkr,
. have you seen any led tv from sharp on dislay? Is there any significant difference in pic quality , video plyback from lcd tvs. pls mention the models along with price. Do u think sharp leds are worth buying compare to other brands.?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back