Shaving CDs and colouring angled edge

also has anyone experience situations wherein perfect CDs without even a single scratch, absolutely nothing damaged whatsoever, just stop working. They just dont read in any drive used, either PC, CD transport, dedicated cd players and also Sony DVD players (these can read even badly scratched disks)

also has anyone experience situations wherein perfect CDs without even a single scratch, absolutely nothing damaged whatsoever, just stop working. They just dont read in any drive used, either PC, CD transport, dedicated cd players and also Sony DVD players (these can read even badly scratched disks)
Maybe, i remember this happening to me once on a cdr that I had burnt with some data. The surface was clean as a whistle but wouldn't read for some reason after a few uses.
In your case Check for some grime on the reading side or oily finger smudges, etc.

Or try shaving the edges to a perfect 36 degrees, line the outer rim of the cd with a black permanent marker 😃. There is such a thread on this forum 😂.

LOL! Just what I need: a machine to destroy my music collection :)
Regarding the ‘scientific’ test he conducts in the video, check out the video below to see why it’s totally pointless.
Regarding non-playing CDs, I’ve never come across one in 32 years of spinning silver discs. Unless you’re referring to a CD-R, which can occasionally have issues.

Maybe, i remember this happening to me once on a cdr that I had burnt with some data. The surface was clean as a whistle but wouldn't read for some reason after a few uses.

The read error with a scratch-free CD-R is very common. It's due to heat.

A stamped CD is made using technology (and with materials) which are not very susceptible to heat. But CD-R, DVD-R, etc, need to be "burned" with a laser when being recorded, therefore they are made of different material, which can be modified with heat. If you keep a CD-R on the dashboard of a locked car during a hot day, the CD-R is almost guaranteed to give data errors. A stamped CD will not show any problems.

The read error with a scratch-free CD-R is very common. It's due to heat.

A stamped CD is made using technology (and with materials) which are not very susceptible to heat. But CD-R, DVD-R, etc, need to be "burned" with a laser when being recorded, therefore they are made of different material, which can be modified with heat. If you keep a CD-R on the dashboard of a locked car during a hot day, the CD-R is almost guaranteed to give data errors. A stamped CD will not show any problems.
Interesting….not that I want to try, I’ll take your word on it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back