Sherwood RX-4105 stereo amplifier

vivek.saikia

Hi All,

I have come across this amplifier called Sherwood RX-4105 which outputs 100wpc. Although I have not auditioned this amp but I like for it's competitive price (~14k INR).
Have anyone in this forum auditioned this amp? Does it scores over Norge 2000?
:confused:
Cheers!
Vivek

Hi:

Last time I heard a Sherwood integrated with Jamo speakers, I didn't like what I heard - I would blame it squarely on the Sherwood, no real grip on anything was my observation. I wouldn't even touch them (Sherwood) with a barge pole.

Having said that, my guess is Norge would beat them easily from a musciality point of view. Demo both and take the call.

:)

Hi:

Last time I heard a Sherwood integrated with Jamo speakers, I didn't like what I heard - I would blame it squarely on the Sherwood, no real grip on anything was my observation. I wouldn't even touch them (Sherwood) with a barge pole.

Having said that, my guess is Norge would beat them easily from a musciality point of view. Demo both and take the call.

:)

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the warning........I hope it doesn't explode :eek:hyeah:
I was zeroing down upon Norge 2000 stereo amp and suddenly this Sherwood amp appeared out of nowhere and tried to change my mind........thanks for saving me from a misadventure :D

Cheers!
Vivek

No no nooo, dont even look at this avr, it is simply not upto mark and even 14k is a rip off, you can get better avr's for the same price even importing via ebay if you do a little searching and learning. even using the htib avr that comes with onkyo 3100 if you compare youll find it to be better in every way possible.

No no nooo, dont even look at this avr, it is simply not upto mark and even 14k is a rip off, you can get better avr's for the same price even importing via ebay if you do a little searching and learning. even using the htib avr that comes with onkyo 3100 if you compare youll find it to be better in every way possible.

Hey CoreElement,
After your and Vinod's comment on this amp, Sherwood is completely out of my list now.
Thanks for helping me out.
Cheers!:)

Last edited:
Hi Vivek (same name as mine :D),

Did you listen to Norge 2060 too? If not then please listen to Norge 2060 too before making a decision.

Thanks.

You can add NAD, Rotel, CA in your list.

@ spirovious, I will love to include these amps to my list but I am strongly held back by my shoestring budget of about 26k INR (for both amp and BS speaker).

Hi Vivek (same name as mine :D),

Did you listen to Norge 2060 too? If not then please listen to Norge 2060 too before making a decision.

Thanks.

@ Vivek, I am too confused about choosing between the Norge 2060, Norge 1000 and Norge 2000. I am thinking of pairing any of these Norge amps with Wharfedale 9.2.
The 2060 seems to be somewhat underpowered to drive the 9.2s (as I sometimes act like a bass freak......but only sometimes:eek:hyeah:). I am inclined towards the 2000, both lookwise and performance wise. I am planning of visiting Mr Bajaj's showroom and give an audition to all the Norge amps. Hope this will clear my doubts.

@ spirovious, I will love to include these amps to my list but I am strongly held back by my shoestring budget of about 26k INR (for both amp and BS speaker).

If you increase Budget to 30k then-
Nad 315 amp for 17 to 20k
BS spk around 8k(CA) to 15k(wharf,MS etc)

If you increase Budget to 30k then-
Nad 315 amp for 17 to 20k
BS spk around 8k(CA) to 15k(wharf,MS etc)

I would pay from my nose with my budget of 26k (I cannot afford to be extravagant when this very important ceremony of my life is just around the corner :) )
Although, I am very much open to used amps/Speakers and searching for these in and around Pune/Mumbai. But I am having very tough time finding them :sad:

Amplifier should not look beautiful, they should produce good music. Girls are supposed to look good. Please don't go by looks.

Norge 2060 and Concerto Gold sound the same. Only difference is output power. If you will see the electronics involved in both of them you will find only one difference, that is torroidal transformer.

You can have audition of Norge at Silo Media, Pune. You can listen to my setup of Norge 2060 and 9.2. Offer is limited, come soon ;)

Amplifier should not look beautiful, they should produce good music. Girls are supposed to look good. Please don't go by looks.

Norge 2060 and Concerto Gold sound the same. Only difference is output power. If you will see the electronics involved in both of them you will find only one difference, that is torroidal transformer.

You can have audition of Norge at Silo Media, Pune. You can listen to my setup of Norge 2060 and 9.2. Offer is limited, come soon ;)

Hey Vivek! That's very nice of you to invite me over for an audition. We'll definitely fix up a meeting sometime soon :yahoo:
I went to silo media to audition the Norge amps, but unfortunately at that point of time all the Norge amps were taken :mad:

I went to silo media to audition the Norge amps, but unfortunately at that point of time all the Norge amps were taken :mad:

Silo is relocating to Camp area. So, I guess currently they are not in position to give you demo in their shop.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back