Shop Your World - Best Avoided!

SumitB

Hello Members,

I am posting here to highlight my bitter experience with Shop Your World. I had placed an order on the 14-06-2011 for a BabyBjorn Baby Carrier for my child with Shop Your World via amazon.com and as per their quote, promptly transferred Rs. 8700/- to their account immediately. On the 18-06-2011, I received a call from SYW requesting me for an alternate URL and this too was promptly provided. I was assured that it would be 4 days before I could hear from them again but this did not happen. Then on the 23-07-2011, I called up their CS number and spoke to them about the issue. I was then given an option to go in for the cancellation of my order and opt for the full refund into my A/c. I opted for this and received a confirmation for the same by mail. I was committed a period of 10-15 days before the amount would be reflected in my a/c. However, on the 02-07-2011, I was shocked to receive a mail from SYW informing me that they have shipped my product and that I would be receiving the same withing 2-3 business days which should have happened on the 06-07-2011. However, they choose to ship the same through ExpressIT which surprisingly has no direct service to Shillong and only relies on its partners to serve my city. This apart, it took ExpressIT 3 days to ship the parcel from Mumbai to Kolkata and 2 days from Kolkata to Guwahati. As per ExpressIT's web tracking, the Guwahati office received my parcel at 1052 hours on 07-07-2011 and have been sitting on it. Only today morning when I shot off a mail to SYW and copied it to ExpressIT, their Guwahati office has forwarded my parcel to their partners @ 12xx hours and I have been informed that I will only receive the parcel tomorrow after noon and that too has no gurantees as tomorrow is a Saturday!

What's worse, the CS number of ExpressIT drops my call everytime I get past their IVRS and this I have tried from every telecom operator's line available in Shillong.

I hope that this review is useful for the members here. My sincere advice is to stay away from SYW till they mend their ways and choose a more reliable and honest shipper.

Syw

I too have had a lot of problems with SYW, the details of which one can see in the thread of "Projector Issues".

It was last week a member had asked me my opinion on SYW, and i had suggested to keep away from dealing with them.

In this forum so far around 6 members have complained about their services, i wonder how many more of them are suffering at their hands.

V.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back