Shopping for a 55" 4K TV

sunster

Hi All,

Have narrowed down my search to 2 models

LG 55UH850T
Sony KD-55X9300D

The price difference between the two is about 66000.

LG
Pros: Cheaper, Dolby Vision and HDR10 format support
Cons: Not as good looking at Sony.

SONY
Pros: Overall picture quality, Looks beautiful.
Cons: 66000 more expensive, Supports only HDR10 format.

Can anyone chime in who has seen the LG TV since I havent been able to see it in any shops in Mumbai (Maybe I did not look everywhere)

The LG looks like a super deal and future proof. But there are concerns over backlight bleeding etc.

The Sony is a looker, nice overall picture. But no DOLBY Vision support and expensive.

Any help to make my decision

THX

SUNNY

Hi,

There is stiff competition among brands and hence you need to decide which TV fulfills your connectivity requirements, appearance, performance and budget...main thing is warranty...after sales service...

Looking at this aspects being the end user, you need to take that call, I would be more inclined towards LG...thats however my personal opinion.

Hi Sunster

I am also on currently look out for 55 4K model.

Currently I am also considering following models

Below are the few things I have compared - to which you can probably add on to arrive at your decision.

LGUH850T - supports both Dolby Vision and HDR10
This is based on IPS panel - that would mean black levels are not as great compared to VGA panel based models like Sony and Samsung.
WebOS - Probably best software among with three
Price - Cheapest among the three
HDR - which is next big thing - the implementation is not per the industry standards and weakest among the three.

Samsung KS7000 - Supports only HDR10
Based on VGA panel - black levels are great
Tizon software - better than Sonys Android, but not great was LG WebOS
Price - between LG and Sony
HDR - implementation is better than LG and comparable to Sony

Sony X930D - Supports only HDR10
Based on VGA panel - black levels are great
Android software - Not so positive feedback compared to other 2
Price - Expensive of the 3
HDR - implementation is better than LG and Samsung for this model as per the reviews

As per the reviews across Rtings, Flatpanesl, 4K, AVForum etc
Sony has the best PQ, and next is Samsung and followed by LG

Regards

Deepak

Hi

I don't use LG but my neighbor did not have any challenges for Sales & Service.....now it all boils on your decision...please weigh all positives and negatives and then decide...

A simple google search will yield results of sales and service of all TV manufacturers....this would be mixed reactions from customers...you need to do the balancing act and decide

Hi

I am sure there are many other dealers around who will rope in a better rate....

A simple example is that 3 years back when I went to purchase LED TV for my place, Vijay Sales quoted 25k when the mrp was around 27k....I purchased it from my local dealer with same warranty etc for 21k....

You need to do a little research for best rates provided you are willing to go the extra mile and save some money....

I would suggest not to rush, check all options and dealers and finalise.

Hi

I am sure there are many other dealers around who will rope in a better rate....

A simple example is that 3 years back when I went to purchase LED TV for my place, Vijay Sales quoted 25k when the mrp was around 27k....I purchased it from my local dealer with same warranty etc for 21k....

You need to do a little research for best rates provided you are willing to go the extra mile and save some money....

I would suggest not to rush, check all options and dealers and finalise.

Hi. You are absolutely right. I'm researching and checking the best prices as I don't want to rush it. These dealers are so secretive on pricing. You have to force it out of them. Will surely check Kohinoor and Snehaanjali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting delivery on Saturday. This LG Shoppe (Super Electronics) at Borivali (east) is a nice shop and great service. They gave me the best price 1,50,000. Very smooth service. Now we will have to see how it is after I get delivery on Saturday. Will update.

Hi
It's confirmed. ...LG 55 E6T. ..I have been negotiating with them for the last few days.The original quote was 2.70l for E6T and 1.60l for 55UH -850T.
Dilip

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back