Shops for DIY speaker Components at Mumbai

ukjeyaraj

Today I visited Lamington Road. Thought of sharing details of shops which I came across with forum members who could use the information if they are looking for buying components to make DIY speakers

1) Tejus Electronics - Capacitors(not all values) used for xover available
2) Apex Electronics - Capacitors(not all values) used for xover available
3) Champion Rubber Stores - Mx and Neutrik retailer. Has cables, binding posts
4) c k electronics - Has binding posts and drivers from unknown brands
5) hira sound - binding posts, port tube, some readymade xovers which he claims are meant for PA speakers
6) micro tech (or something like that) - Has port tubes, speaker grill cloth, binding posts (cheaper stuff)
7) A1 Electronics - Has binding posts, port tubes. He also stocks ahuja, american audio and behringer PA systems. He told he can get behringer speaker drivers against order

Sketched a crude map to help locating the shops. Hope they are helpful.

yep youve pretty much covered everyone

excellent work

you forgot heatsinks,speaker protection ckts and ready made crossovers
all availble at the shops above or next door to them

To add:

1) The lane off Proctor Road is where you find:
a) Spectra Connectronics (Spectra branded bulk speaker cables, Spectra balanced mic cables, Spectra unbalanced audio cables, Spectra IF and RF cables of various sizes, Spectra branded audio/video connectors, Amphenol branded audio/video/IF/RF/computer connectors, FCI D-type sub computer connectors, etc). They undertake soldering jobs.
b) Kiran Sales - Neutrik connectors in retail quantities, TechFlex cable sleeves.
c) Toyo: Toyo branded connectors (audio/video/computers/IF/RF) and Toyo cables. They will also solder cables for you.

2) One lane next to that is the MX store. You will find all sorts of MX connectors. But a (much) better place to get MX items is the MX store inside Laxmi Industrial Estate in Andheri West.

3) Amar: is where you can find capacitors of all types.

4) Electronics Emporium sells Shure M44-7 and Shure M97xE cartridges. They also deal with all sorts of PA cables and connectors.

5) Chunam Lane: lots of shops stocking semiconductors

6) Reliable Radio Service - this is a bit far away from the regular car accessory lane in Opera House (a couple of hundred meters further south), but they are very good car audio installers. I came to know this shop courtesy magma.:thumbsup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where can I find good soldering set(something with stand and different size of tips) in lamington Road? Is there any specific brand or specifications to look for?

where in lamington road can i find z2300 satellite replacements. need it on urgent basis

specs :
Satellites: 80 W (2 X 40 W) @ 8 ohms @ 10% THD @ 1kHz
Satellite Size (inch): 2.5

Goto to panda audio
Used to be near goodman restaurant
I think now he's gone up the road
Decent stuff
Should easily replace your current speakers

Back