shopyourworld.com : Fraud Website !!!

The Wall

Hi All,

Wish to put up a complaint against the shopyourworld.com portal. Made the mistake of ordering the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Clup Band vinyl (gramaphone record) through them on amazon.com with the following details :

Order Date
: 4/26/2012 2:57:05 AM
Order Number
: 20124-23972
Total Amount of Order is
: 2700.00
AddlItemDiscount
: 0.00
Discount
Total Shop Your World Rupees Used
Custom Duty

Checked up with the retailer/merchant from Amazon.com after 4 days as to whether the order had been placed with them through shopyourworld.com , they responded in the negative.
However when I contacted the reps at shopyourworld.com the promptly responded on mail that the order had been received by the merchant and they have processed the same.
Promptly sent the received from shopyourworld.com to the merchant from Amazon.com and asked to confirm the order.
Again the merchant responded that they had not received any such order.
Smelt something fishy and asked shopyourworld.com to cancel the order on 04.30.2012 and they responded that I would receive back the refund within 12-15 working days.
Thought to myself that the ordeal was over and my money was safe. Little did i realize that my horror story had just begun.
Was waiting patiently for about 15 days but saw no refund into my credit card. on 04.17.2012 ,decided to call up shopyourworld.com again and was aghast at the new story provided this time. The operator who picked up (Aditi , she refused to provide her surname) , tole me after confirming with the " accounts department" that there was some legal dispute regarding my refund and it could take another week for it to reflect provided the said "legal dispute" was resolved. Got very disgusted and asked for her manager and after a lot of bad mouthing was told that the manager was still not in office and could come in the afternoon , take about an hour more to settle down and then would call me back.
Waited till 3:30 pm , and still no call came. Again called back and asked for the manager Mr. Jasmin Ojha. On first instance appeared very courteous and said he had "absolutely" no knowledge of this and would immediately send instructions to the bank to process the refund. Confirmed that the refund would be processed by the ensuing week ( I understood around the 22nd or 23rd.)
Called Jasmin Ojha (Service Manager) again today (04.23.2012) and again received another story. The man seemed completely changed and became very aggressive. When asked why the refund was still not processed he blatantly responded that "they were sleeping all this while". Also asked me if I was done with venting my frustration and that the amount was too meager to create so much fuss about.
Would request all members to STAY AWAY from SHOYOURWORLD.COM as it is a company of fraudsters created with the sole intention to cheat away innocent customer of their money.

SRIDIP BANERJEE
+919339817442

Here is the website for reference :

Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victorias Secret, A|X, Best Buy & many more in India, delivered to your doorstep.

Also the email exchange i had with them :

Dear Mtr.Banerjee,

Well noted.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Sridip Banerjee <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for the same. Please do ensure that rs. 2700 is credited back.
Regards
Sridip Banerjee.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Samsung Galaxy Android

To: Sridip Banerjee <[email protected]>;
Subject: Re: Fw: RE: Fw: Re: Your Order with shopyourworld.com : 20124-23972
Sent: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 10:19:18 AM

Dear Mr.Banerjee,

We have taken your request for cancellation and the refund amount will reflect in your account within 12-15 working days.

Regards,

Customer Service Team.

Shop Your World.

CONFIDENTIALITY INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMER: This email message and its attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. If you are not the intended recipient of the email message you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, incomplete or contain viruses and the Shop Your World accepts no liability for any damage caused by the limitations of the e-mail transmission.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Sridip Banerjee <[email protected]> wrote:
Can you'll please explain what nonsense is going on. If this order is left unfulfilled or if i recieve untrue information , I will ensure you get enough publicity on the consumer grievances forums.

Thanks & Regards
Sridip Banerjee
Mobile:09339817442

--- On Sat, 4/28/12, Caroline's Records - Amazon Marketplace <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Caroline's Records - Amazon Marketplace <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Fw: Re: Your Order with shopyourworld.com : 20124-23972
To: "Sridip" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 4:33 PM

This order was not placed with us.

--- Original message ---

Hi Caroline,

Shop your world has confirmed of having placed the order with you.
Can you please check

Thanks & Regards
Sridip Banerjee

--- On Sat, 4/28/12, Shop Your World CS <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Your Order with shopyourworld.com : 20124-23972
To: "Sridip Banerjee" <[e-mail address removed]>
Date: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 8:47 AM

Dear Mr.Banerjee,

Your order has been processed and you can expect the delivery between 8th May-14th May at your doorstep.

Regards,

Customer Service Team.

Shop Your World.

CONFIDENTIALITY INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMER: This email message and its attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. If you are not the intended recipient of the email message you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, incomplete or contain viruses and the Shop Your World accepts no liability for any damage caused by the limitations of the e-mail transmission.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Sridip Banerjee <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Hi All,

This is the response I have received from the merchant on the query of my order being placed with them.

From: Caroline's Records - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]>

Subject: Re: RE: Order inquiry from Amazon customer Sridip
To: "Sridip" <[e-mail address removed]>

Date: Friday, April 27, 2012, 12:49 PM

We have not recieved an order from you.
Sorry,
Caroline and Mike

I would require a confirmation from you on the same on an urgent basis ?

Thanks & Regards
Sridip Banerjee

--- On Thu, 4/26/12, Shop Your World CS <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Your Order with shopyourworld.com : 20124-23972
To: "Sridip Banerjee" <[e-mail address removed]>

Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 8:38 AM

Dear Sridip,

Well noted.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Sridip Banerjee <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Hi All,

The order is a gift to the following address :

My. Yash Walia
State Bank Of India
Chowringhee Branch
Himalaya House
34B, Jawharlal Nehru Road
Kolkata - 700071
Mobile : 919339817442

Thanks & Regards
Sridip Banerjee

--- On Wed, 4/25/12, [e-mail address removed] <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

From: [e-mail address removed] <[e-mail address removed]>

Subject: Your Order with shopyourworld.com
To: [e-mail address removed]

Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 2:57 PM

Dear Sridip Banerjee,
Thank you for [e-mail address removed] transaction has been received.

Shop Your World Rupees
You have earned 0.00 Shop Your World Rupees on this transaction!
Please use the Shop Your World Rupees to offset your payment on the next purchase. Remember to redeem the Shop Your World Rupees before it expires in 1 year.
Information about your Current Order
Please note that your order confirmation will depend on merchants' stock availability.
If you need to check the status of your order, please go to Track & Trace at Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victorias Secret, A|X, Best Buy & many more in India, delivered to your doorstep. .
TRANSACTION DETAILS:

Order Date
: 4/26/2012 2:57:05 AM

Order Number
: 20124-23972

Total Amount of Order is
: 2700.00

AddlItemDiscount

Discount

Total Shop Your World Rupees Used

Custom Duty

AVAILABLE Shop Your World Rupees : 0.00

No.
Name
Price
Qty
Sub Total

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Ships from )
*All products are priced according to its Fixed Landed Price, except those that are dutiable or those that require import licenses. Click here for more information.

Yours Faithfully
Shopyourworld.com
Customer Service - [e-mail address removed] ; +91 22 61323232

--

Regards,

Customer Service Team.

Shop Your World.

--

------------- End message -------------

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above. Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. Learn more about Safe Online Shopping (Amazon.com Help: Safety and Security Tips) and our safe buying guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537868).

[commMgrTok:A1RGHBY867CL94]

--

--
Regards,

Customer Service Team.

Shop Your World.

Sridip,
It is really sad to hear your case, I checked the actual listing seems that the real copy of the vinyl is very costly 100+ USD. In such a case you may choose aramex. Only max 500 to 1000 INR shipping extra, no customs for vinyls if you communicate with them well. I think there are a lot of complaints already against shopyourworld.com. I think this will further warn all to stay away. I think you still have the option of launching a consumer forum case against them but that should be your lkast resortt. Look through to end of May - Mid June to see if followups repeatedly can help you get back your money.

A personal advice from me would be to mask all your phone numbers, email and real addresses from the above post since these are sensitive information and considering that this forum is open to all anybody can read and use/misuse these.

Last edited:
I would be demanding to know what all this 12-15-day nonsense was about. They can take the money instantly, so why not refund it.

What can your credit card people do to help? You should tell them that the transaction is in dispute and the goods have not been delivered.

Sridip

I hope we all take stock of this, but why didn't you place the orders with Amazon US/UK directly when it comes to Vinyl,CD,BD,DVD......their shipping is slow but to my knowledge not a single online store can match the quality of service like Amzaon

till now all of my orders (BDs,CDs) got delivered very very late, but after "lost item" they usually resend by priority mail (no extra fee) and that reached me in 10 days or so

for vinyls keep track of ebay US/UK/DE
BD/DVD amazon US/UK

Arnab

I would be demanding to know what all this 12-15-day nonsense was about. They can take the money instantly, so why not refund it.

What can your credit card people do to help? You should tell them that the transaction is in dispute and the goods have not been delivered.

You are right Thad. I had a similar problem with SYW and after waiting for a week, called Citicard who promptly credited my account with around Rs. 18000 which was the cost of the item I tried to order.

Never deal with SYW. They seem to be the biggest fraudsters online. Your calls are never answered since all their officers are always busy with "other" customers.

Regds

Save yourself from further harassment & torture. Do not even bother to dial shopyourworld's number again. Just file for a chargeback. It's very simple.
The bank/CC sends you the form by email. Take a printout, fill it up, scan it & email them back. That's all.
Within a couple of days, money will be back to your account.

Most online dealers are fraud with little to no consumer protection in our country. Presently I have found the HiFi Vision website to be very genuine and true with excellent customer service and fair pricing.

Thanks for letting us know of this.

I've used them for a few small transactions before, but I've not had any problem yet (except for some fixable minor breakage of an item due to insufficient packing, probably because the seller did not anticipate that the item would be shipped overseas).

I had been planning on ordering a few LPs soon and was wondering whether I should use ShopnShip (Aramex) or Shopyourworld. I think I will stick to Aramex, even though I've had a minor issue while using their services before. (Again, I'm not sure if the problem was caused by the original seller or somebody at Aramex).

The advantage with Aramex is that we are certain of, and in full control of the actual order and payment made with the online website. Only the customs figure is left to some chance.

If the guy thinks it's a meagre amount, ask him to refund from his pocket and take the money you paid from the company!!!

He has no business talking to a customer like that. I suggest you wait for the number of days he has mentioned and then lodge a complaint with the consumer forum even if you don't want to pursue the matter in the court. That should knock some senses into them :mad:

A little OT, but I thought I would share my experience about another online website. Last month I placed an order for a Nikon D7000 camera with Letsbuy.com. Since C.O.D. was not available for goods costing more than 25K, I transferred the entire amount of 57,700 to their a/c at the time of placing the order.

A couple of days later while the order was still being processed, I changed my mind. I looked up their cancellation rules and called them up to cancel the order. The order was promptly cancelled. I received a mail within 24 hours that the order had been cancelled and that the entire sum would be refunded. 24 hours later I received a transaction I.D. and confirmation that the entire amount had been refunded. It took 3-4 days before the amount actually showed up in my bank a/c.

I was extremely happy with the service and professionalism provided by Letsbuy.com. I wish every vendor in India was equally honest, efficient and transparent.

Thanks for letting us know of this.

I've used them for a few small transactions before, but I've not had any problem yet (except for some fixable minor breakage of an item due to insufficient packing, probably because the seller did not anticipate that the item would be shipped overseas).

I had been planning on ordering a few LPs soon and was wondering whether I should use ShopnShip (Aramex) or Shopyourworld. I think I will stick to Aramex, even though I've had a minor issue while using their services before. (Again, I'm not sure if the problem was caused by the original seller or somebody at Aramex).

The advantage with Aramex is that we are certain of, and in full control of the actual order and payment made with the online website. Only the customs figure is left to some chance.

For Vinyl Aramex, since you can ask the aramex guys to see if your items can be declared low for customs. Not possible on Shopyourworld but the advantage of the later is in case of slightly heavier items > 1lb since the shiiping cost is lower than aramex.

However if it is amazon uk or eil.com go for international shipping, cheap and comes in less than 2 weeks.

Most online dealers are fraud with little to no consumer protection in our country. Presently I have found the HiFi Vision website to be very genuine and true with excellent customer service and fair pricing.

WOW WHAT STATEMENT!!!
Can you vett the statement , I mean total no estimated sites..and how how many you tried and how all the fraud is proved???

You appears to be 70's damsel in distress where every website is villan like ranjeet (aah :cool:) tried (or sucessfully) raped you..opps I mean cheated you!

There are close to 200 + online e commerce portals , many specific to a region ,,so qualify your "MOST" the number should be more than 180

SO CAN YOU QUALIFY THE STATEMENT??

Btw I am a decent online buyer and very very few times had bad experiences...or it may be you that everyone cheats!!!

was extremely happy with the service and professionalism provided by Letsbuy.com. I wish every vendor in India was equally honest, efficient and transparent.

That's because letsbuy was taken over by flipkart earlier this year. They were not so prompt last year. Flipkart has set a good quality standard on customer service, and I hope they themselves continue to live up to it.

I have found shopping through Amazon, Flipkart, Letsbuy, Rhythm House and MakeMy Trip to be a reliable and pleasant experience. As long as I am getting a good price I would prefer transacting with one of them than with any shopkeeper in Chandigarh.

I prefer online shopping because it is easier to research, compare and locate what you want. I would rather avoid the face to face element of actual shopping. I find most face to face shopping experiences mildly, and very often, extremely irritating. Most shopkeepers do not seem to have the time, inclination, knowledge or basic courtesy to respond to your genuine inquiries about the product they are selling. Successful shopkeepers seem to float on a "take it or push off cloud". Less successful ones are desperate to sell even if it requires giving wrong information about their products. I recall several instances when a local salesman told me that a particular product would work with my Mac OS. A little prodding revealed that the salesman was blissfully unaware of what a Mac was and the only Apple he or she was familiar with was the one you could bite into!

A recent experience. I was thinking of buying a Nikon D300S body from a local dealer. I had done my research and was carrying the required funds in my pocket. Because of the current shortage of Nikon DSLR's in the market the shopkeeper was demanding a 'premium'. He was extremely reluctant to open the box and even show me the camera, unless I promised in advance that I would buy it. Finally he agreed to let me handle the camera but would not allow me to attach a lens and take a few pics. I am sure he had his reasons but I too was reluctant to part with 80K+ without an audition! When I asked him a couple of more questions he quickly boxed the camera and put it back on the shelf and said: We don't deal with customers who ask too many questions. I too have learnt a valuable lesson. In future I will never buy anything from a shopkeeper who is unable to, or unwilling to, answer my questions :)

I have found shopping through Amazon, Flipkart, Letsbuy, Rhythm House and MakeMy Trip to be a reliable and pleasant experience. As long as I am getting a good price I would prefer transacting with one of them than with any shopkeeper in Chandigarh.

I prefer online shopping because it is easier to research, compare and locate what you want. I would rather avoid the face to face element of actual shopping. I find most face to face shopping experiences mildly, and very often, extremely irritating. Most shopkeepers do not seem to have the time, inclination, knowledge or basic courtesy to respond to your genuine inquiries about the product they are selling. Successful shopkeepers seem to float on a "take it or push off cloud". Less successful ones are desperate to sell even if it requires giving wrong information about their products. I recall several instances when a local salesman told me that a particular product would work with my Mac OS. A little prodding revealed that the salesman was blissfully unaware of what a Mac was and the only Apple he or she was familiar with was the one you could bite into!

A recent experience. I was thinking of buying a Nikon D300S body from a local dealer. I had done my research and was carrying the required funds in my pocket. Because of the current shortage of Nikon DSLR's in the market the shopkeeper was demanding a 'premium'. He was extremely reluctant to open the box and even show me the camera, unless I promised in advance that I would buy it. Finally he agreed to let me handle the camera but would not allow me to attach a lens and take a few pics. I am sure he had his reasons but I too was reluctant to part with 80K+ without an audition! When I asked him a couple of more questions he quickly boxed the camera and put it back on the shelf and said: We don't deal with customers who ask too many questions. I too have learnt a valuable lesson. In future I will never buy anything from a shopkeeper who is unable to, or unwilling to, answer my questions :)

:) ... i was in chandigarh for close to 4 years and came back to bangalore just 8 months ago. i understand what you are saying here and empathize with you. buying a cell phone there is one more circus if you ask too many questions. on a side note, i loved the low traffic there and the kaimbwala car-o-bar...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back