Should Heresy IIIs retire? Part 2

Subbu68

Posting as another thread since so many comments came in the previous thread. This is now my valve amp Elekit TU 8200 (8W pc SE ultra linear mode KT 88 power tubes) driving the two speakers.

First 2 mins is Heresy IIIs with KEF KUBE 12b sub set at 65Hz and vol adjusted to blend, then 2 mins Ahuja 12FRX with sub adjusted to 100Hz, vol slightly upped.

Last 3 mins or so pure Heresys as some wanted to hear that way.

Recorded with Nokia 8.3 phone. I should have uppped the preamp vol but family had retired.

In the other thread, ACAs in bridged mono seem to be a the bottle neck.

Your opinions FMs..

Pure Heresy sounds purest :)

With sub, the purity goes. But you will need the subs for most tracks where there’s a lot more bass.

The Abuja’s didn’t impress me. Like in the earlier video, here too the timing is off. And there is bloat.

Heresy sounds fuller..OBs lack that bass and refinement in treble.... However, for the price point, ahuja does mighty well...i suspect adding a good tweeter and complimenting it with a sub or a PAP style three way would make it a kick ass system.

Aren't heresy in 4 lakh range?

Heresy sounds fuller..OBs lack that bass and refinement in treble.... However, for the price point, ahuja does mighty well...i suspect adding a good tweeter and complimenting it with a sub or a PAP style three way would make it a kick ass system.

Aren't heresy in 4 lakh range?
Ahujas came in because of the hunger to taste a FR. For the price it is quite good. OB definitely lack bass. Proper integration of sub warranted. There is a sub that you see in Heresy part of video. Tweeter maybe an overkill as it is already pretty good in HF (Some others too have same experience) it may become intolerable with a tweeter.

Heresy IIIs are definitely in a class of their own.

The price I paid was about 1.8 lac (10k UAE dirham) in 2016.

Ahujas came in because of the hunger to taste a FR. For the price it is quite good. OB definitely lack bass. Proper integration of sub warranted. There is a sub that you see in Heresy part of video. Tweeter maybe an overkill as it is already pretty good in HF (Some others too have same experience) it may become intolerable with a tweeter.

Heresy IIIs are definitely in a class of their own.

The price I paid was about 1.8 lac (10k UAE dirham) in 2016.
The way FR images, very hard to match that..glad you are working through the combinations..and hey, you seem to be convinced that it sounds more aligned to your taste, so, why not :) give it time though, let the excitement settle in..with heresy you still have an all rounder, and itd be hard to get one at such price one you let go.

The way FR images, very hard to match that..
True, the imaging when I set it up a few months back was beyond my imagination
..with heresy you still have an all rounder, and itd be hard to get one at such price one you let go.
That's right. Heresy is an all rounder. The price of H IV has increased quite a bit. And now Heresy has become a ported speaker. The versatility of placement with sealed box is gone I think. The one I have is a special edition version that will be all the more difficult to get once I let it go.

If you are comparing Ahujas please do try the wood instead of cardboard as this way, as was in the earlier post, the Hereseys are far better.
There are too many artefacts in the sound with the Ahuja which are perhaps from the cardboard baffle. If they are not from the cardboard and remain with the wood , then better to use Ahuja only as a PA. :)

I am with Ahuja again. It sounds livelier and great party speakers. Build the cabinet well , place then well and integrate the sub properly and they can give Heresy a run for its money.

MaSh

I am with Ahuja again. It sounds livelier and great party speakers. Build the cabinet well , place then well and integrate the sub properly and they can give Heresy a run for its money.

MaSh
It's very hard to decide. With Elekit amp it is nearly a tie when heard live.

Ahuja are going to be on a wood OB. With ACA driving them, I am finding it hard to tune in the sub. Maybe more trials.

If you are comparing Ahujas please do try the wood instead of cardboard as this way, as was in the earlier post, the Hereseys are far better.
There are too many artefacts in the sound with the Ahuja which are perhaps from the cardboard baffle. If they are not from the cardboard and remain with the wood , then better to use Ahuja only as a PA. :)
I am trying out on Bafta to make a common baffle for Lii F15 and Ahuja with an add on board. Not sure if I'd reach a common design.

It's very hard to decide. With Elekit amp it is nearly a tie when heard live.

Ahuja are going to be on a wood OB. With ACA driving them, I am finding it hard to tune in the sub. Maybe more trials.

I am trying out on Bafta to make a common baffle for Lii F15 and Ahuja with an add on board. Not sure if I'd reach a common design.
Oops .... It should be Basta not Bafta . Bafta is some film award??

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back