should i buy samsung ps43d490 3d tv ??

d3vil

hey guys finally i decided to dump lg pj560 and pt560r

n found this samsung ps43d490 3d tv

so is it worth buying this tv ?

n howz the 3d effect of this tv ?

any pros or cons ???

yup , i am also considering the same , with me low budget and with 3d it seems good choice .

As per me if the 3d is as good as with 550 model with the fact some resolution less as this is HD ready which is not noticible ,but its only my thoughts ,

so would be great if some expert or the person who reviewed can put some glance on its

1.) 3D effect .
2.) And Resolution loss is noticible or not speacially in 3D .

With 2d its too good ..reviewd in showroom but was not able to review the 3d

So guys help us .

yup , i am also considering the same , with me low budget and with 3d it seems good choice .

As per me if the 3d is as good as with 550 model with the fact some resolution less as this is HD ready which is not noticible ,but its only my thoughts ,

so would be great if some expert or the person who reviewed can put some glance on its

1.) 3D effect .

So guys help us .

Are you talking about PN43D490 ?. I have seen this TV in shops not any PS43D490. I found the PN43D490 is reasonably good and had good reviews over many sites. But the problem is there is no glass free with this set. I get quotes for glass in the range Rs.2900 to Rs. 4000. Considering the cost of glasses it is not viable. The non 3D PN43D450 is also good.
There are another model of LG 42W450, where two glasses are free with the set. Price is same. But I could not find a display of this set. opinion in this forum is against this but no user reviews. I had a preview of a 50 inch LG plasma ( I was told that it is same as PW450 exept the size) which in my opinion is good. Traditionally LG plasmas are considered inferior to Panasonic and samsung. If you can preview this set please post your opinion. All these sets are of 1024x768 resolution only.

1.) 3D effect .

So guys help us .

yup even i took a look at ezone,mumbai but there they dint hav ny 3d movie
so unfortunately i couldnt view the 3d content

as per 2d i took a 1080p (1920x1080 resolution) movie wid me it worked perfectly..

just wanna conform about the 3d part

Are you talking about PN43D490 ?. I have seen this TV in shops not any PS43D490. I found the PN43D490 is reasonably good and had good reviews over many sites. But the problem is there is no glass free with this set. I get quotes for glass in the range Rs.2900 to Rs. 4000. Considering the cost of glasses it is not viable. The non 3D PN43D450 is also good.
There are another model of LG 42W450, where two glasses are free with the set. Price is same. But I could not find a display of this set. opinion in this forum is against this but no user reviews. I had a preview of a 50 inch LG plasma ( I was told that it is same as PW450 exept the size) which in my opinion is good. Traditionally LG plasmas are considered inferior to Panasonic and samsung. If you can preview this set please post your opinion. All these sets are of 1024x768 resolution only.

no m talking about PS43D490..check it out on official samsung site
yeah there is no glasses wid the tv thats the saddest part :(
when asked about the glass price they said 5500rs :(

yeah , glasses are are not free , but i think we can negotiate something on the glasses part ,

Well if anyone has any luck in viewing any 720 p 3D TV . Review pls .

I have asked Dealer to get the demo done , lets c when it happens .

One interesting point for you guys.

Right now, One major source of 3d is from PS3. However ps3 is a HDMI 1.3a device. So as per spec, PS3 can only output 3D in 720p format only.

So unless you have HDMI 1.4 based Blu ray player, with 3d Blu-rays, all your 3d is going to be in 720p regardless of what your tv is capable of supporting.

3d bluray rips that you find on the net are all huge and most of them are not FULL HD.

PSXXX and PNXXX are the same thing. PN is for north America and the other one for Asia. In India you will find PS only. Other then that, it's a great tv for the price but i would suggest to get you to get 42d450 only as the 3d feature in "ALL" of the tvs' today is just a glimick. They arn't worth it IMO.

hell yes i finally bought this tv

its an amazing tv
i downloaded 1080p 3d sbs trailer n it was working perfectly but sadly i dont have 3d glasses so still cannot comment about the 3d thing

1 thing i dint like is the sound
may be i have to adjust something cause the sound is low..

rest everything is awesome

hey cool .. man ,

I am out of town rite now , will catch up the same .. howz the PQ , and would be great if u review the 3D quality .. somehow .. if u get a chance .

hey cool .. man ,

I am out of town rite now , will catch up the same .. howz the PQ , and would be great if u review the 3D quality .. somehow .. if u get a chance .
I did have a demo of the model at a show room in Kochi. The 3D is seem to be OK and 2D is also good. The set was placed facing the road in front of the showroom. hence there was a lot of reflections. hence I am not 100% satisfied. This being an HD ready set the lack of resolution clearly visible to me and me friends who were with me. (This is contrary to what has been told in this forum many times that resolution doesn't matter in a 42 inch plasma. But I can't help it). The major drawback that deters me from buying it is there is no glass free with it. With a pair of glass costing Rs.3500/- the price nearly equals the panasonic 42U30D full HD plasma.

For the 2D seekers who cannot extend their budget to 43K-45K, and those who are strongly inclined for a 3D at 43K, I will definitely recommend this model.

One thing I forgot to mention is that when I examined the settings, the contrast / picture (What it is, i, do not remember) was set at 100% and brightness at 50%. The salesman do not have any explanation to this. I think it was done to compensate the reflection from outside.

I Think this is unusual. Hence please check this while any body is auditioning this model.

The high brightness/contrast is because all the TV sets in the showroom will be in SHOP mode...We need to reset the mode to Home to save the settings.

If your room is dark lit, then you will be happy with the purchase. I am very happy with the PQ for this price. Samsung is now offering 2 3D glasses free (SSG-3050) for this model.

3D is nice if not hilarious.

i have samsung ps43d490 and i have meesed my adc/wb settings someone plz provide me with factory setting

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back