Should i keep Yamaha NS-P20, or Edifier DA5000 Pro?

TheSeeker

hello,

I have 2 sets of speakers with me, to go with my PC & consoles in my PC room - the Yamaha NS-P20, & Edifier DA5000 Pro.

now the Yamaha set I haven't ever tested them with either the PC or the consoles, as it requires an AVR which I will have to buy; while I have used the DA5000 Pro extensively and it sounded really good esp coupled with the Xonar DX soundcard. now am in a quandary, as to - which one of these two should I keep, as I have to sell one of the systems.

1. if I keep the Yamaha - will have to buy a used AVR, somehow make space for it on my PC table; furthermore, reading the reviews of NS-P20, I think the DA5000 Pro perhaps sound better than them.

2. if I keep the DA5000 Pro - will have to keep using some makeshift solutions to convert digital into analog audio (as the speakers are analog only). while perhaps SQ will be better than the NS-P20. so less expense, better audio (*perhaps*)

members here who have used the NS-P20 earlier or pref. both the above, could you pls share your opinions & suggestions?

tagging @rajiv_kulkarni & @MaSh

TIA!

Compare the specs and take a call as besides SQ you need to factor the other things like placement, expense for a new amp etc....

I have 2 sets of speakers with me, to go with my PC & consoles in my PC room - the Yamaha NS-P20, & Edifier DA5000 Pro.

I think you should retain Yamaha NS-P20 as it will allow you to connect your PC to AVR and other games consoles thru HDMI.. connectivity simplified.. It will also allow you to use a subwoofer with full range satellite speakers..

1. if I keep the Yamaha - will have to buy a used AVR, somehow make space for it on my PC table; furthermore, reading the reviews of NS-P20, I think the DA5000 Pro perhaps sound better than them.

See if you can wall mount an AVR using portable TV stand (or) DIY stand, say above the monitor so that it doesn't occupy desk space..

thank you @elangoas & @efernand1. i compared the two speakers a bit extensively, and found them sounding quite similar, with the edifier ones sounding a bit louder & fuller, while the yamaha ones were a bit more on the bright side (single driver), but sounding almost equally good, esp in music. i have employed two of the bookshelves now as ceiling speakers in my atmos setup, replacing the earlier ones (why didnt this occur to me earlier!)...while the rest two + the center one + the sub, i shall be putting these up for sale.

thanks again for your inputs!

Welcome....

I notice a number of speakers and AVRs on sale over OLX...especially in Mumbai ,,,,the non dealer types.....seems many are updating / moving away ; )

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back