Should I upgrade my Amp - Marantz PM7004.

alladinkachirag

Folks,

Deep gratitude to everyone. Without all of you I would be lost - you helped me to move from:
1. Denon HTIB based listening experience to a pure 2 channel for music - amazingly awesome TO
2. Then to help me with CXN V2 for that uncluttered ownership experience - super
And in the process I weeded out tons of RPI based setups in favor of CXN V2.

My gear currently is: Synology NAS --> CXN V2 --> Marantz PM7004 --> Monitor Audio BX5 floorstanders

I have owned the BX5 for almost 10 years now, and now sure (this is the question) if i will benefit from any upgrade in the chain. Of course I wouldn't want to replace beloved CXN V2 - it is an awesome machine.

Pardon my words, but I am really unsure if I should open my wallet or not. Problem is I have not heard lot of gear in the recent times no cannot really comment if I am missing out on anything. One intelligence says that if not missing why thing, other says that why not explore. So reaching out to my family here.

Thanks,

I am so sorry - should have posted this thread in "What should I buy" forum, but now I see no way I can reclassify this. Is it possible for any moderators to move this thread?

Folks,

Deep gratitude to everyone. Without all of you I would be lost - you helped me to move from:
1. Denon HTIB based listening experience to a pure 2 channel for music - amazingly awesome TO
2. Then to help me with CXN V2 for that uncluttered ownership experience - super
And in the process I weeded out tons of RPI based setups in favor of CXN V2.

My gear currently is: Synology NAS --> CXN V2 --> Marantz PM7004 --> Monitor Audio BX5 floorstanders

I have owned the BX5 for almost 10 years now, and now sure (this is the question) if i will benefit from any upgrade in the chain. Of course I wouldn't want to replace beloved CXN V2 - it is an awesome machine.

Pardon my words, but I am really unsure if I should open my wallet or not. Problem is I have not heard lot of gear in the recent times no cannot really comment if I am missing out on anything. One intelligence says that if not missing why thing, other says that why not explore. So reaching out to my family here.

Thanks,
Do you feel that your speakers have more to offer? I generally get a 'feel' for such things, it is not always possible to articulate in words in that instant but later on I find that the 'feel' was based on some calculations that had been going at the back of the mind.
You probably can do better with the Monitor Audio with a better amp. But by extension you can also do with a better DAC and use the CXN as a digital transport, so yes, improvements are possible at all points almost.

What cables are you using?
Silent angel bonn N8 network switch and a good LAN cable

I am not really sure of the company names - but recommended interconnects and thick speaker cable from Mr. Palani @ Audioplanet. Network switch is D-Link 4 port for connect few of the stuff in entertainment unit.

Do you feel that your speakers have more to offer? I generally get a 'feel' for such things, it is not always possible to articulate in words in that instant but later on I find that the 'feel' was based on some calculations that had been going at the back of the mind.
You probably can do better with the Monitor Audio with a better amp. But by extension you can also do with a better DAC and use the CXN as a digital transport, so yes, improvements are possible at all points almost.

I kind of feel that speakers have hit the limit on what they have to offer. I have listened to them on almost all kind of volumes. The DAC's I have possessed, and not repurposing to other places (work deck etc.) are - HRT Music Streamer II (my 1st DAC), Bifrost 2, Bifrost R2R and now CA CXN V2. Of all these DAC's I find CXN V2 good for most listening, though for few tracks I still miss the Bifrost - that being said most vs specific is where "most" wins.

However, I may still be missing a point if I have not hit the right spot with MA Speakers paired with a better amplifier - or maybe my Marantz PM7004 paired with better speakers. So I am not really sure.

I am not really sure of the company names - but recommended interconnects and thick speaker cable from Mr. Palani @ Audioplanet. Network switch is D-Link 4 port for connect few of the stuff in entertainment unit.
Well there is considerable difference in the d-link switch and the silent angel bonn n8, When I first heard about it I thought they were essentially same and probably I'm being taken for a ride there but when I heard it one my system in person it was quite an eye opener.

I kind of feel that speakers have hit the limit on what they have to offer. I have listened to them on almost all kind of volumes. The DAC's I have possessed, and not repurposing to other places (work deck etc.) are - HRT Music Streamer II (my 1st DAC), Bifrost 2, Bifrost R2R and now CA CXN V2. Of all these DAC's I find CXN V2 good for most listening, though for few tracks I still miss the Bifrost - that being said most vs specific is where "most" wins.

However, I may still be missing a point if I have not hit the right spot with MA Speakers paired with a better amplifier - or maybe my Marantz PM7004 paired with better speakers. So I am not really sure.
Well that confusion can only be sorted by upgrading both. An upgrade in either one and leaving the other may bring you back to why you made the change in the first place.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back