Should I upgrade qacoustic speakers

gazdoug

Hi folks I am currently contenplating upgrading my 5.1 speaker set up. I am using the onkyo 609 amp and currently use Qacoustice 1000i centre and 1020's front. for my surounds I am using gale 3010s, sub tannoy SFX. does anyone know what would be the best speakers to upgrade to? my budget would be around 500 on top of what I would get for selling my current

yes i feel the system sounds very high pitched and lacking in not only the "woomf" but quality? Ive tried all avr settings to see if ive missed something out. I currently have my fronts bi amped but that seems to have made the quality poorer. I can only put the quality down to the speakers. maybe Im wrong but Im am postive the amp can produce far better sound then what I am currently hearing. Im possibly going to start with a sub upgrade but not to sure if this will sort out my issue. Dont want to waste any money I dont need to spend though. any help would be greatly appreciated

For music,you need to add stereo amp as AVR can do the best for movies.1010 are award winners & pair well with Onkyo(movies).

Last edited:
thanks mate, you have saved me money on fronts, do you think a sub upgrade would be worth it? and if so what do you recommend with my system? also i have bi amped without using banana plugs. would i benefit at all from purchasing a set.

Bi-amping does not always ensure better sound for the same given setup. I have experienced both better and poorer performance with bi-amping with different combinations.

regarding banana plugs, can't help you there since I have never made any comparisons, however, some of the good hi fi dealers have always suggested me to not add any connectors and let the speaker wire remain bare.

i have neither listened to Onkyo or Q acoustics, hence cannot comment on the sound quality of both, but, I don't see how a sub upgrade would help in the harshness problem.

thanks mate, you have saved me money on fronts, do you think a sub upgrade would be worth it? and if so what do you recommend with my system? also i have bi amped without using banana plugs. would i benefit at all from purchasing a set.

Q acoustic will be happy with marantz,Cambridge audio & even Yamaha amps.If you want to improve bass,then sub like Velodyne impact can inprove it.

I exchanged my tannoy sub today at RS for the cambridge minx300. I have noticed a great deal of improvement all round for base and quality making the sound not so high pitched or tinny. I am going back to RS tomorrow to exchange my surounds (gale 3010's) for probably the cambridge audio BX1 unless anyone could suggest anything better or cheaper even. very happy with my system so far and hope the surounds will even better it. Thanks guys :clapping:

gazdoug, A sub and centre channel upgrade is what would really bring a lot of improvement on how your movies sound, imho.

Thanks audio, never really thought about my centre, kinda running low in my budget just now, but could stretch to possibly just upgrading centre. Ill have a look around and see what I can afford. Thanks for your advice.

any centre suggestions appreciated

Hi folks I took iaudio's advice and also upgraded my centre speaker to the Dali zensor vokal. I must admit what a total difference this had made to my system. over the moon yet also over my budget but well worth every penny.
cheers guys

as I said i am happy with my system although in the future i will be looking to upgrade my L/R and surounds, but must admit very happy with the sound just now. thanks again

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back