Small amps.. Lepy LP-2020A or Nobsound-F900. Has any one tried with tower speakers ??

Naveenbnc

Hello all,

Has any one tried small amplifiers like Lepy LP-2020A or Nobsound-F900?
Which one is better?

Secondly is it ok to connect them to tower speakers? (from Taga TAV606SE)

I just want to try any one of these amps. But I cant buy both at a time. So, can anyone throw some light please.

Thanks a lot !!
Naveen

Re: Small amps.. Lepy LP-2020A or Nobsound-F900. Has any one tried with tower speaker

A friend once brought a Lepai home and we connected it to Yamaha ns8390, fairly common specs among most speakers. It played fine, but could not play loud. The bass was simply not there. I could sense the amp was gasping for power, but it didn't get hot and kept playing.
But would the combo work? Hell no. We connected the Yamaha rxv to the same speakers and the difference was night and day. Then we switched it to Peachtree decco65 and Arcam power amplifier. The rxv sounded limp. So my advice is try not to skimp on a decent amplifier if you are buying good speakers. Look at Norge amplifiers. They will be much better.

Re: Small amps.. Lepy LP-2020A or Nobsound-F900. Has any one tried with tower speaker

Thank you so much tuff !!!

Actually im using taga harmony TAV606 SE speakers with my Yamaha AVR. It is good.

I taught of trying these mini amps just out of curiosity.
All the you tube review videos show as if these mini amps are very powerful.

Il check for Norge ampligiers... thanks for the advice !!

Thank you so much tuff !!!

Actually im using taga harmony TAV606 SE speakers with my Yamaha AVR. It is very good for movies.

I taught of trying these mini amps just out of curiosity.
All the you tube review videos show as if these mini amps are very powerful. But i can sense that quality might not be so good.

Il check for Norge amplifiers... i hope the norge sterio amplifier gives better music than my Yamaha AVR.
thanks for the advice !!

They are powerful, and can go loud enough - there is a substantial dependency on the quality of the PSU that comes with it.

also have observed that most of these T amps are a bit weak in the bass area ( I have an SMSL SA 98E)

Thank you greenhorn...

I dont have a clue about their performance, but they look a bit cute in size..
Which speakers did you pair with your SMSL SA 98E? I hope the performance is satisfying..

I was using a pair of vintage B&W floorstanders I was also using with an equally vintage sony reciever and NAD 3020 (both of which were rated at half the power of the SMSL), but had better low end

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back