Small satellites similar to Bose Acoustimass

chander

Hi all,

As I will be alone in the house for the next 3 months, I have got the itch to get the atmos going. However, I know a large speaker will eventually have to be taken off. I was dead set on the DLS slim speakers as they are tried, tested and above all approved, however the vendor has no stock and no idea when they will be back in stock.

I had a couple of questions -

Anyone aware of any good quality speakers - in a similar form factor as bose acoustimass? The tiny split ones. I am also searching about within my friends circle if anyone has got any old one in the store room and they will be happy to give the satellites to me. However that seems unlikely, so wondering if any of you are aware of similar form factor models - one I know is 'Apart Mask 2' it is also budget friendly however that is out of stock too, but I have not been able to find anything else.

If anyone has an old dead set of acoustimass - I am happy to buy the satellites.

If anyone has a dead mission MCube unit, would you be interested in selling the satellites only?

Please help.

Last edited:
I had heard about Telome satellite speakers which work on the Bose form factor. They go by the name TELOME AUDION and are Mumbai based (Bandra), If I am not wrong they have an outlet in Goa too.

Hi Chander, for Bose like satellites you can try Telome Audio, contact person Ms. Lourdes +917419889236
They can supply the satelites in Goa too

So I called them and they are charging 7K per satellite without the mounts. The Cambridge audio Minx Min12 4th Gen is around 7800 and has got great reviews and I can even get the wall mounts included in that. I am not sure how good Telome Audio is but the prices are quite close. Anyone has any experience with these?

So I called them and they are charging 7K per satellite without the mounts. The Cambridge audio Minx Min12 4th Gen is around 7800 and has got great reviews and I can even get the wall mounts included in that. I am not sure how good Telome Audio is but the prices are quite close. Anyone has any experience with these?
I had heard Telome in their showroom more than 15 years ago and they sounded pretty good for movies with a Yamaha amp.
Efernand1 would be able to guide you better since he recently sold them. His review about them should be here on the forum.
If they are available in Goa then you should be able to demo them personally.

I am not sure how good Telome Audio is but the prices are quite close. Anyone has any experience with these?
Telome audio satellites are very good for music and movies on their own and without a comparison.
Having used both the Bose and Telome at the same time in the same room with different amplifiers Yamaha, Denon, Sansui and HK, the Telome don't come close to the Bose satellites and bookshelves in sound.
However... what the Telome offers at a relatively affordable price point, they are really good and worth considering.
They pair well with Yamaha and Harman Kardon.
As mentioned above, @efernand1 has posted many good reviews of the Telome.

Last edited:
After reading a bunch of reviews and finding a few discussions on a few forums here and there - I bought the CA Minx 12 for the height channels. They seem to be rated very highly for this very job that I need them to perform - surround and height duty. Thanks for all who chimed in.

Micca Covo-S & Mission M-Cube you can check.
Did check - of all the known/popular small form factor speakers - the CA Minx 12s had the best reviews from what I could see. I saw a couple of discussions on Telome here and there too, but there was not enough data to suggest how good they "could be".

Suggest you check out small cube speakers from Rave Audio, Mulund

I have the same as satellites, pretty loud and forward sounding

Telome audio satellites are very good for music and movies on their own and without a comparison.
Having used both the Bose and Telome at the same time in the same room with different amplifiers Yamaha, Denon, Sansui and HK, the Telome don't come close to the Bose satellites and bookshelves in sound.
However... what the Telome offers at a relatively affordable price point, they are really good and worth considering.
They pair well with Yamaha and Harman Kardon.
As mentioned above, @efernand1 has posted many good reviews of the Telome.
hi, i heard them some years ago in Bandra, Mumbai and they sounded quite good with forward midrange. however i am not aBose fan and invested in the B+W DM601 (the original version ) which i hav been using for the last 20 years and they sound great. if yr got space constraints and looking at economy the Telome could be your answer. The bonus is that they can be repaired easily as they are made locally.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back