This is one of Denon's best ever offerings in their stereo-only history. This Integrated Amplifier inherits the design philosophy of high-end audio S1 series, and technology. The Denon PMA-2000IVR teams up high-end circuitry, massive "guts," and ultra-sturdy construction for spectacular results.
Don't let the 80 watts @ 8 ohms rating fool you...because it doubles to a very stout 160 watts @ 4 ohms, a true sign of a well-designed and built
amplifier. The sound is very smooth and warm in the mids, with accurate, clear highs that never fatigue. Bass is tight and detailed.
Technicals details in depth .....
It’s an interesting and powerful amplifier which was designed and manufactured with great attention to detail. All built to be easy to access and service, with Nichicon and ELNA capacitors, heavy-duty screw terminals for power and amplified output, and gold (5%) or better resistors.
A large current type magnification element UHC MOS called peak current 120A is adopted as an output stage. Current supply capacity has been improved a bipolar transistor and more than equivalent, and UHC MOS is the prevention which also unites and has a sound quality merit of MOS FET, carried this UHC MOS with single push pull composition, and has canceled the variation in magnification operation.
The twin transformer parallel connection which improves sharply the characteristic of each magnetic circuit and winding wire circuit developed by monophonic power amplifier POA-S1 is adopted. Moreover, by considering influence of magnetic etc. as L canceled mutually and C mount, the leakage flux of the power transformer which is a noise source in amplifier was reduced, and high current supply capability and low-noise-ization are realized.
The large-sized rectification diode excellent in large current supply capacity and the Hearst recovery diode which has improved working speed sharply are connected to a rectifier circuit in parallel, and a high speed and large current are supported so that better operation can be obtained. Furthermore, it carries in the power source capacitor in which a direct-current power source is stored combining the film capacitor with which a mass high-quality sound electrolytic capacitor differs from a frequency response, and current supply stabilized in all the zones of play frequency is enabled.
In order to cancel degradation of the sound quality by the mutual intervention between circuits, or inflow of a noise, the power amplifier block was considered as the twin monophonic composition which achieved L/R independence, and also 6 block structures which also separated the circuit where other signal levels differ are adopted. This eliminated the influence on the sound quality by the interference during each block, and the more excellent play is realized. Moreover, since the 1.6-mm-thick sheet steel is used for a chassis in order to secure high rigidity, and also deterrence of vibration is put into practice, it is a chassis which adds a transformer base to a power transformer part, and has a tough structure of 3.2mm in thickness. It is brass shaving, and resembled the speaker terminal, gilding processing was performed, and more reliable connection is made. Moreover, two lines are prepared and bi-wiring is supported.
The phone equalizer which adopted the first rank circuit of discrete composition of having used low-noise FET is carried. Both of the cartridges, MM and MC, can be used by the change of a switch.
Large-sized (27 type) volume was begun and OFC internal wiring material, an inactive gas enclosure type relay, high-quality sound carbon resistance, a high-quality sound condenser, etc. have adopted the reliable part.
There's also a power amp direct input that lets you employ the PMA-2000IVR's amplification in conjunction with a separate preamplifier.
Power consumption: 250W
Dimensions: Width 434x height 180x depth of 478mm
Ageing of the product: Approx 12+ years
Cosmetic condition: 8/10
Working condition: 10/10
The product is available in Bangalore ... Local pickup preferred coz of the unit's weight ... Outstation shipping can be discussed.
If anyone interested kindly PM me.
Ramesh @ Bangalore
NOTE: The current running model with similar specifications (80+80 watts @ 8 ohms) PMA-2020AE is retailing around 2 lakhs and the next lower model PMA-1600AE (70+70 watts @ 8 ohms) is retailing around 1.6 lakhs. DAC modules are included in these latest two models which is absent in the PMA-2000IVR ... Just for the info.
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.