Soldering iron - Kolkata

crosstalk

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where do I find a reliable shop to buy soldering iron in Kolkata? It seems in Chandni every Soldron sold is fake. They all have current leakage in their tip.

Is Goot (genuine) available?

Thanks.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where do I find a reliable shop to buy soldering iron in Kolkata? It seems in Chandni every Soldron sold is fake. They all have current leakage in their tip.

Thanks.
I got my goot from Indian Electronics, chandni. Don't know it's fake or not but extremely happy with it.

Hi,

Thanks.

Just to be sure - you have eliminated bad earthing as a possibility right ?

Hi,

Thanks.

visit Naresh Radio & TV Company at 18, Chandni Chowk St, Kolkata, West Bengal 700072. phone no- 2212 7599

Buy 'Soldron' soldering iron, also buy a pointed tip for better versatility.

It's an Indian brand, tried and tested by many technicians.

Last edited:
I got my goot from Indian Electronics, chandni. Don't know it's fake or not but extremely happy with it.

Okay. I will visit Indian electronics. How much did it cost?

Just to be sure - you have eliminated bad earthing as a possibility right ?

Of course. They do not leak current out of the box. Happens after some hours of usage.

visit Naresh Radio & TV Company at 18, Chandni Chowk St, Kolkata, West Bengal 700072. phone no- 2212 7599

Buy 'Soldron' soldering iron, also buy a pointed tip for better versatility.

It's an Indian brand, tried and tested by many technicians.

Soldron has always been my favourite for 15 years. Previously it came in a round whiskey/badminton cock type box. The ones I got just had plastic packaging. I know the shop Naresh Radio. I mainly purchase wires from there. Thanks for the pointed tip tip.

Thanks all for your help.

I never had problem with any soldron I bought don't know why you are facing issue!!
All bought from either indian or ng electronics

I bought a Goot 30W from Naresh Radio. Indian Electronics was closed today. The soldering iron burnt in 10 mins after use. Interestingly, I was testing it in my home and not in my office, where my actual workstation is.

Cost me Rs. 500.

I am pretty sure it is a fake too. The finish does not look like a "Made in Japan" product.

saikatbiswas82 can you post an image of your Goot iron?

saheb11123, I never had any issues with Soldron for 15 years untill I decided to buy a shinning new one few months back which was the worst decision I ever took.

I have been using a few chinese made ones without much trouble for last 2 years. But I agree if its your job/passion, try getting one of the soldering workstations - even chinese made ones at Chadni are quite good.

This is quite a strange phenomenon. Where do you live? Maybe I can bring an working one and see where the actual problem lies?

This is quite a strange phenomenon. Where do you live? Maybe I can bring an working one and see where the actual problem lies?
With you take one multimeter too. May be his place having high voltage or erroneous neutral in case of 3 phase supply. Make sure before connecting yours.

Thanks for the help offered Saheb.

The actual problem lies in Chandni Chawk.

I went to Indian Electronics today and picked up an Original Goot. 30W costs Rs. 650/-. They were kind enough to show the original carton in which these come in 12 pieces a box. Pure Japanese stuff.

Prior to that Naresh Radio replaced the fake Goot and said, if found problematic they will replace it again.

So later I walk in to Naresh Radio again with the Original Goot and show them and ask them for an explanation. They said sorry and refunded the money immediately. They were shameful. Heads down. They admitted it was fake. "Galti ho gaya saab". They were left only to catch their ears. Reason is, they could have been in serious trouble as they issued invoice on a fake electronics item which is supposed to be imported. It is a crime.

The fact is Chandni Chawk is stuffed with fake stuffs in and out and one of the reasons I pay the extra 5% and get an invoice every time I buy something.

The Orignal Goot is working without any problem and has a great feel and presence.

Thanks everyone for your help and beware of Naresh Radio.

Thanks for the help offered Saheb.

The actual problem lies in Chandni Chawk.

I went to Indian Electronics today and picked up an Original Goot. 30W costs Rs. 650/-. They were kind enough to show the original carton in which these come in 12 pieces a box. Pure Japanese stuff.

Prior to that Naresh Radio replaced the fake Goot and said, if found problematic they will replace it again.

So later I walk in to Naresh Radio again with the Original Goot and show them and ask them for an explanation. They said sorry and refunded the money immediately. They were shameful. Heads down. They admitted it was fake. "Galti ho gaya saab". They were left only to catch their ears. Reason is, they could have been in serious trouble as they issued invoice on a fake electronics item which is supposed to be imported. It is a crime.

The fact is Chandni Chawk is stuffed with fake stuffs in and out and one of the reasons I pay the extra 5% and get an invoice every time I buy something.

The Orignal Goot is working without any problem and has a great feel and presence.

Thanks everyone for your help and beware of Naresh Radio.

Hi Aritrim,
Your post is an eye-opener. I feel bad that I myself advised you to pick up the soldering iron from Naresh Radio :sad::sad::sad:. Till date, my experience with Naresh Radio is good, never faced any problem with their products ; but from next time onwards I'll definitely insist on invoice. I was planning to buy a fluke multi meter and CCTV cameras & DVR from them but after knowing your experience with Naresh Radio, I have to think twice before buying anything from Naresh Radio. Thanks for heads-up. And could you please give me the address of Indian Electronics?

Thanks & Regards

Last edited:
Hi Aritrim,
Your post is an eye-opener to me. I feel bad that I myself advised you to pick up the soldering iron from Naresh Radio :sad::sad::sad:. Till date, my experience with Naresh Radio is good, never faced any problem with their products ; but from next time onwards I'll definitely insist on invoice. I was planning to buy a fluke multi meter and CCTV cameras & DVR from them but after knowing your experience with Naresh Radio, I have to think twice before buying anything from Naresh Radio. Thanks for heads-up. And could you please give me the address of Indian Electronics?

Thanks & Regards

Indian Electronics is at 6 Madan Street. First Floor. Huge shop. Reliable. Thanks to saikatbiswas for suggesting them. You can contact me and have my contact number, just in case you find any difficulty locating it. I have a plan for CCTV cameras and DVR too. May be we can catch up and do a joint expedition.

Avoid Naresh Radio if possible at all costs. Though I was refunded the money but the time that I have lost is not replaceable.

saikatbiswas82 can you post an image of your Goot iron?

Here we go...

188940f77cc2e40eba9ef4f72bdebfa8.jpg

Indian Electronics is at 6 Madan Street. First Floor. Huge shop. Reliable. Thanks to saikatbiswas for suggesting them. You can contact me and have my contact number, just in case you find any difficulty locating it. I have a plan for CCTV cameras and DVR too. May be we can catch up and do a joint expedition.

Avoid Naresh Radio if possible at all costs. Though I was refunded the money but the time that I have lost is not replaceable.
Naresh radio is pretty much expensive. Mx speaker terminals are priced 3 times there compared to Diyaudiocart.

New Gemini radio or Gemini radio is very expensive too.

Indian Electronics is very reliable IMHO. However, I was introduced to Wasim bhai of Indian Elec by Saheb only [emoji4]

In case you need the soldering stand (like the one in the photo I've shared), you can go to cheap radio. I think they have the cheapest ones.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back