Soldering iron / soldering station

surfatwork

Hi,

Appreciate inputs on a good quality soldering iron or soldering station for low volume DIY. Don't expect to do SMD or BGA work, just through hole for the most part.
Interchangeable tips would be good.
No idea how much these cost now, but don't want to spend a fortune. Maybe upto Rs.1000 +/- a bit.
In bangalore preferably, so I can see it.

Thanks

I use Solderon make. With heavy usage bit last almost 5 years. But i use 3 types - 5mm, 3mm and 1.5mm. rod wattage is 25W costed 250rs. For metal heating another 100W costing 100rs with wooden handle.

Soldron 25 Watt is great multi purpose soldering iron with interchangeable bits.

One can also buy a 50W Soldron for those occasions when higher heat is needed.

BTW, there are fakes so search for authorised dealership.

Hi,

Appreciate inputs on a good quality soldering iron or soldering station for low volume DIY. Don't expect to do SMD or BGA work, just through hole for the most part.
Interchangeable tips would be good.
No idea how much these cost now, but don't want to spend a fortune. Maybe upto Rs.1000 +/- a bit.
In bangalore preferably, so I can see it.

Thanks

with Rs 1000 + /- budget you can go for Goot soldering iron. Goot is one of the best, made in Japan product. But make sure the you get the genuine one as market is flooded with fake ones.

Goot Japan KX40R Soldering Iron 40 watts ( JAPAN IMPORT ): Amazon.in: Industrial & Scientific

there is a temp controlled yihua iron. its somewhere between 1k and 2k. check on sp road. its a cheap chinese knockoff of hakko 936 and it fits hakko bits.

Got a solderon from Om electronics, and the long life bit. From the comments above, I think it should be sufficient for me.
Will work towards a Weller :)

Got a solderon from Om electronics, and the long life bit. From the comments above, I think it should be sufficient for me.
Will work towards a Weller :)

Actually mine is also bought from same place, in 2005, still working fine with second bit. And how much I use? :p Its very heavy usage. :D

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back